We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Position Type: Part-Time
Average Hours: Fewer than 30 hours per week
Starting Wage: $21.00 per hour
Weekend Premium: Weekend premium pay of the hourly rate plus $1.00 will be paid for hours worked on Sunday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Selects and receives incoming stock efficiently to effectively fulfill orders received from stores.
• Relocates merchandise throughout the warehouse according to product handling guidelines.
• Sorts and organizes merchandise strategically in preparation for shipment and unloads incoming shipment from trucks/ back-hauls.
• Performs general cleaning duties to achieve warehouse appearance standards and safety requirements.
• Participates in-taking warehouse inventory counts according to guidelines.
• Cooperates and interacts effectively with peers, suppliers and warehouse leadership through ongoing communication and exchange of information.
• Provides input to the warehouse management regarding changes to improve processes.
• Inspects product, consults with the warehouse management regarding product quality, safety concerns and sanitation issues.
• Acts and decides independently within the delegated area of responsibility.
• Assists warehouse management in achieving budgeted goals.
• Performs all assigned tasks, accurately, efficiently, and within company policy and procedures.
• Follows the ergonomic program according to established procedures.
• Operates equipment according to safety guidelines in performance of essential job functions.
• Notifies management regarding product quality, safety concerns, and sanitation issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Acts Conscientiously: Demonstrates concern for quality, product integrity, and safety of one’s own and others’ work and impact to the stores.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative working environment with peers and supervisors.
• Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
• Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by seizing opportunities and proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures. Goes the extra mile and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Organizes and Executes with Efficiency: Makes decisions, stays organized and maintains compliance with ALDI standards to support overall productivity and speed in the warehouse both for him/herself as well as the broader team.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Skill of performing basic arithmetic equations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Frequently required to lift and place product weighing up to 45 pounds on pallets at various heights.
• Frequently move merchandise from warehouse stock and prepare product for store deliveries.
• Frequently required to sit, stand, bend, reach, grip, push, pull, lift, carry and walk throughout the warehouse.
• Continuously work in varying temperatures, hot and cold (including outdoor temperatures and refrigerator/freezer environments).
• Ability to safely and properly operate powered industrial equipment.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.