Builds a multi-faceted team of electric distribution system planning professionals who perform electric distribution system planning activities, including developing and implementing strategies related to the deployment of distributed energy resources (DER), battery and substation additions and technologies that actively interface and interact with the operating company’s distribution system in CT.
The Manager actively coordinates with Distribution Planning Managers, DER Planning, Distribution Resiliency, Advanced Forecasting and Modeling, and Transmission Planning Managers. Additionally, the position interacts with many departments and processes inside and outside the Engineering organization, including Distribution and Substation Engineering, Protection and Control, Asset Management, Grid Modernization, IT, Siting and Permitting, and other stakeholders in developing a coordinated, long-term approach to planning and expanding the system while preserving safe, reliable, resilient operation.
This is a key role in the Company’s advanced system planning strategy in CT, to build a dedicated, responsive organization to support the scope of activities needed to meet state and customer expectations for load growth, electrification, clean energy, and resiliency in the 21st century.
The role requires active leadership in ongoing regulatory proceedings – to drive changes necessary for successful implementation the Company’s long-term strategy and to proactively develop infrastructure and Non-Wires investments to enable seamless transition to a decarbonization future. Onsite / Hybrid Location: CT
- Takes ownership and responsibility of Distribution Planning activities across the state of Connecticut, including planning for new bulk and non-bulk distribution substations, station upgrades for capacity or reliability needs, mobile transformer positions, critical distribution ties, and NWA solutions, including battery storage applications
- Develops and documents processes and standards for system modeling, planning and analysis working closely with System Planning Managers and other stakeholders
- Leads development of advanced planning methods and the application of existing equipment, new technologies and innovative solutions
- Leads development of data, processes, and standards to enable better technical, regulatory, and financial resiliency planning decisions
- Works with other Distribution Planning and DER managers to implement the transition of system modeling from a snapshot to a full 8760 time-series model
- Works with the Manager of Advanced Modeling and Forecasting to drive the development and maintenance of multi-year distribution load-flow planning models (especially Synergi), profiles, and DER dispatch patterns for System Planning departments
- Oversees the management and development of area staff. Assesses the need for and oversees implementation of programs to ensure employees possess technical, interpersonal and organizational skills required to support operating plans.
- BSEE, required, an advanced degree, MSEE or MBA, preferred; Licensed Professional Engineer, PE is a plus
- 10+ years of electric utility, technology, engineering experience, including significant Distribution Planning, Leadership and Regulatory experience required
- Fundamental understanding of electric simulation software and power distribution system analysis, including steady-state and dynamic analysis, and 8760-hour simulation
- Must have excellent understanding of distribution reliability and resiliency improvement technologies and solutions
- Must be familiar with various DER technologies, distribution system operations and storm restoration procedures and their impact on reliability and resiliency and distribution protection and control concepts
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator who develops relationships, works cross-functionally and communicates persuasively
- Stay current with developments in the industry with the ability to transform insights from understanding the customer into business strategy, while fostering teamwork among various internal and external stakeholders to accomplish goals
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services throughout the northeast United States for 100 years
Manager, Distribution Planning/Battery Storage - 2373.1m (Hybrid)
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Electric energy distribution system planning #BESS DER DG DMS substation Energy Storage battery technology engineer manage interconnection PV distributed Synergi generation systems integration strategy interconnections microgrid technologies Hartford