Coordinate and support transmission service to Cooperative Members, third-party Transmission Service Providers, and neighboring systems. Review, evaluate and recommend modifications to the components of the transmission tariff to third-party users of the Cooperative’s transmission system, in coordination with the Rate Department. Coordinate annual loss factor verification for third-party Transmission Service Providers. Responsible for tracking and ensuring adherence to all requirements within transmission service agreements with third parties. Facilitate review of and provide meaningful input and recommendations on activities impacting transmission rates of third-party Transmission Service Providers, and their respective service agreements, including the transmission formula rate annual update process and all other Transmission provider rate filings submitted with FERC. Keep apprised of and champion the necessary changes to processes and procedures in keeping with Federal, State and Cooperative guidelines, policies and procedures. Principal and Senior Engineering opportunities available, DOQ. Location: Tampa, FL Onsite / Hybrid
- Support management, legal and regulatory staff in reviewing and developing discovery requests for Transmission Service Provider rate cases, including the review of construction work in progress (CWIP), transmission loss calculations, depreciation studies/cases, return on equity, and annual true ups of Transmission Service Provider rates
- Review, develop, and recommend changes to budgeting and accrual rates associated with transmission service received by third-party Transmission Service Providers and transmission service rates to third parties
- Collaborate with the Rate Department, third-party contractors and consultants on activities related to the cost of service and rate design for development of transmission rates.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on evaluations of economic projects to determine rate impacts
- Post transmission reservations, FERC mandated documents and studies, assist entities in gaining access to the Cooperative’s OASIS site and making reservations, and assure the site content is accurate and timely
- Participate in regional processes, such as FRCC Order 1000 that have potential impact on transmission service
- Reviews issuances and submissions in FERC proceedings, including but not limited to Notices of Inquiry, Advanced Notices and Notices of Rulemaking, related to wholesale transmission policies and procedures. Provides support in the development of the Cooperative’s positions and comments in such proceedings in coordination with Legal Department.
- Support the timely and accurate reporting of annual requirements/conditions for transmission service under the OATT of the Cooperative’s Transmission Service Providers, and service and interconnection agreements with third parties
- Ensure these documents are up-to-date and reflective of changes in industry standards, practices, and internal structure
- Coordinate new or modifications to Member delivery points with internal and external stakeholders
- BS, Electrical Engineering, BS, Industrial Engineering, required; an MBA is a plus
- 7-10+ years of progressive electric utility experience including 5+ years of direct experience in utility rates or transmission policy; 3 years of experience in transmission planning experience preferred.
- Familiarity with matters relating to FERC, uniform system of accounts (USoA), Open Access Transmission Tariffs (OATT) and transmission markets.
- General knowledge of transmission rate development practices
- System Planning
- FERC Open Access Transmission Tariffs
- Transmission Service Agreements
- OASIS Service Requests
- Rate Making Principles
- Data Analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Risk Management
- Project Management
- Independent worker/self-starter
Incorporated over 70 years ago, our client is one of the largest G&Ts in the country, providing essential wholesale electric services to nine Member distribution electric cooperatives serving 1.8M customers in 42 Florida counties.
Transmission Services Engineer, Rates & Tariffs - 2379m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Sponsorship is currently not available for this position.
Electrical Engineer Transmission services rate making tariffs cost of service FERC NERC FRCC PURPA OASIS OATT system planning interconnections policy regulatory electric utility Open Access