Academic Technology Professional for Streaming Media Applications
Requisition Number: 44185
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 20-Nov-2022
Date Posted: 04-Nov-2022
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) encourages applications for an Academic Technology Professional for Streaming Media Applications! This position is responsible for the day-to-day delivery, support, and continual improvement of the Zoom Web Conferencing, Classroom Capture, Personal Capture, Video Delivery Network, and other services that facilitate and support teaching and learning across the campus. This position resolves cases that cannot be resolved by the Information Technology Service Center or by others who provide similar support. The position will serve as a service manager for some of the tools, and as an application administrator supporting services managers for others. The Academic Technology Professional liaises with internal partners and vendors and contributes to the ongoing effort to improve the services by identifying, planning, implementing, and evaluating improvements. This position is responsible for tracking usage data and participates in projects aimed at continuously improving Academic Technology services based on the data. Additionally, this position provides core web conferencing, lecture capture and video content management expertise and recommends operational direction regarding these services to the Program Manager for Streaming Media Applications.
This position falls in the Group #3 - On-call/Unthethered support type and is subject to a formal on-call rotation with definitive response times, where the likelihood of the on-call employee having to come on-site to respond/manage the issue/incident is low. When not on call, this position will fall into Group #2 - General 24/7 Expectation. Group #2 Employees are expected to respond in a reasonable (though not definitive) amount of time when called outside working hours regarding issues and incidents that arise.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
- Office Information Technology will be valued by campus as a strategic, inclusive and innovative partner in advancing learning and discovery in order to enable CU Boulder to be a premier public university.
- Office Information Technology enables campus priorities by providing high-value IT services and solutions.
- Trust, as a foundation for how we engage with one another and with campus partners, along with
- Avid curiosity in how to better support the campus and our stakeholder’s while
- Fostering empowerment and authentic engagement among ourselves and
- Celebrating inclusivity that promotes a sense of belonging while acknowledging that each person is unique and valued.
- Office Information Technology will advance learning and discovery by delivering high-value reliable IT services and solutions that:
- Provide a fluid and adaptable academic and student experience
- Enable research competitiveness and
- Deliver core infrastructure and enterprise IT services for business effectiveness.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Application Administration & Service Management
- This position is responsible for managing the Streaming Media Services, including but not limited to Zoom Web Conferencing, Classroom Capture, Personal Capture and Video Delivery Network services as described below:
- Administer services in alignment with the ITIL Service Management framework.
- Research and resolve access, functionality, performance issues, and major incidents that surface from proactive reviews, monitoring systems, vendors, or customers, as a part of an on-call rotation.
- Reply, track, and resolve incidents and requests submitted to OIT’s help desk system in compliance with defined procedures and standards.
- Assist others in their support of Streaming Media Services, including solving basic technical problems and investigating and seeking solutions to sophisticated issues.
- Work with the Program Manager to review, validate, test, and log changes and upgrades.
- Provide tiered support in conjunction with the vendor and other OIT service owners (particularly the Learning Space Technology Team, in support of Streaming Media Services use in the classroom) to ensure access, functionality, performance, and support of Streaming Media Services.
- Consult with OIT Learning Spaces Technology to advise design, maintain, and fix service related infrastructure in classrooms.
- Enforce procedures and policies to ensure the security, integrity, and accessibility of Streaming Media Services.
- Collaborate with peers at other institutions to address Streaming Media service issues and determine and establish standard processes.
- Draft, publish, and maintain external (e.g., tutorials, known issues) and internal documentation (e.g., procedures, policy) and provide customer training.
- Participate in analyses of Streaming Media Services to identify and resolve service, process, and communication gaps.
- Participate in analyses of service usage, survey data, and anecdotal feedback to understand demand and needs of customers.
- Lead and participate in projects aimed at improving streaming media services and other academic technology services managed by the Academic Technology group.
- With support of the Program Manager analyze and facilitate integrations with other applications, such as the campus learning management system, Canvas.
- Consult with faculty, staff, and students on the use of their supported services. The consultative and training responsibilities will vary by service, depending on support provided by the vendor.
- Facilitate vendor provided training and deliver training on some of the supported applications.
- Consult with and provide support to members of the AT group.
- Serve as backup for the Streaming Media Services.
- This position may participate in OIT Commissioned Teams, Sanctioned Teams or Projects.
- Maintain proficiency, deepen, and acquire new knowledge related to the services supported in the Academic Technology group and service management.
- In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, this position may assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or advised by the Program Manager for Streaming Media Applications.
What You Should Know
- This position is in a hybrid work situation, working mostly remotely, with on campus work or meetings on as needed basis. The selected individual will be expected to live within commuting distance of our Boulder campus for in-person operations.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
- Annual salary: $60,000 - $64,400.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be dynamic. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a related field. A combination of education and/or related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
- 1 year of professional experience in an IT services organization.
- Experience with lecture capture and video conferencing applications.
What You Will Need
- Direct experience with video conferencing, lecture capture and video content management applications.
- General knowledge of Information Technology (IT) services, hardware, infrastructure and system architecture.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, particularly strong customer skills interacting with key collaborators.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Three years of professional experience in an IT services organization.
- Professional IT experience in higher education.
- 1 year technical experience as an application administrator.
- ITIL v3 certification.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by November 20, 2022 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Academic-Technology-Professional-for-Streaming-Media-Applications/44185
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency