Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Purpose: Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts; resolving discrepancies.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Duties:
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and local deposits.
• Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
• Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and customers.
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusted entries.
• Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
• Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinate contact with collections department.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinate monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; prepare report.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication, Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills
Solid work history- no more that 2 jobs in the past 5 years
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion.
Job ID: 1720168737307449453