South University, the right direction for a brighter future.POSITION SUMMARY:???
Instruct and facilitate meaningful learning of the course outcomes in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment. Provide education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. Encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning, diversity and ethics as well as personal and professional development. Assure that the South University philosophy: quality service to students; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. Participate in activities that promote the stature of the academic programs, departments, and colleges and abide by the mandates set by the South University Board of Trustees and administration. The candidate needs to be able to attend classes and meetings on the Richmond, VA campus.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Manage the educational process to ensure every student is involved in a positive educational experience through the learning, teaching, and social environment.
- Perform faculty responsibilities as outlined in the faculty job description and in accordance with the provisions of Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Provide course instruction that aligns with the South University model of curricula as well as supports the South University style of system delivery.
- Design and deliver class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course outcomes, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and for online courses, deliver the instruction as approved within each course shell.
- Enable the achievement of pre-described outcomes for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters proficiency and establishes student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manage the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies consistent with the school, campus, or online division.
- Relate professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Participate in the faculty development process to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities in learner-centered instruction. Communicate consistently and effectively with supervisor(s), faculty, and other South University administrators.
- Contribute to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, support local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participate in various other workshops and meetings. (
- D.MIN or a terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution in the discipline to be taught, with a concentration in the teaching discipline (minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline) required.Ph.D
- A minimum of 5 years vocational ministry experience.
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills).
- Experience with computerized learning?
- management systems, including proficiency with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent teaching skills as evidenced in prior teaching evaluations.
Other details Job Family All Positions Required Education Doctorate