Progeny Systems Corporation
Progeny Systems Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Positions: Posted: Job Type: Location:
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for greeting guests, answering/directing incoming calls, distributing mail, ordering supplies as well as providing general office support. Duties include providing support to our managers and employees, as well as supporting various business and operational processes by preparing reports and maintaining filing systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcomes visitors, determines the nature of the visit and announces visitors to appropriate personnel. Ensures all visitors are properly signed in and granted access as required. Maintains daily badge inventory.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines the purpose of the call, and forwards the call to the appropriate person or department.
- Answers questions about the organization and provides callers with address, directions and other information.
- Assists with general administrative duties include updating appointment calendars, creating memos, reports and other correspondence, filing, photocopying and collating as requested.
- Assists in ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office/break room supplies.
- Prepares conference rooms for meetings, ensuring needs for coffee, breakfast, and/or lunch are met.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Customer service oriented.
- There are physical demands associated with this position such as the delivery of food to meetings, lifting and storing supplies, and restocking supplies as needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.This position may require the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance. Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workdayPI177487275