About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Curry College offers 22 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Curry College mission is to educate and graduate students prepared to engage in successful careers and active citizenship with a global perspective. We are an inclusive community of diverse learners and educators, committed to continuing our legacy of developing effective communicators with reflective and critical thinking skills. We mentor and empower our students, building meaningful relationships that inspire them to achieve their ambitions.
Curry College provides rigorous and relevant academic programs to undergraduate and graduate students, and our rich blend of liberal arts and career-directed programs is enhanced by practical field experiences and co-curricular activities. Learning at Curry extends beyond the classroom and is embedded in all that we do.
Under the general direction of the Chair, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the coordination of overall office support functions of the Natural Sciences and Mathematics Department. The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for the Natural Sciences and Mathematics Department.
1. Reception / Front Desk Functions:
- Act as the main point of contact for Faculty, Staff and visitors of the department. Respond to questions and requests for information for both on and off-campus persons. Refer non-routine inquiries to appropriate level;
- Utilize Curry portal to process student forms, submit work orders, and reserve class space;
- Sort and process incoming correspondence to the appropriate Faculty mailboxes;
- Maintain office files, copier machine, printers, and other office equipment;
- Order and inventory office, event and lab supplies;
- Lab supplies can include temperature and time sensitive materials or living organisms;
- Understand College and department policies to guide students and parents;
- Maintain of files and equipment.
2. Administrative Support Functions:
- Coordinates and provides new faculty an orientation of the Science Building and Science Department procedures;
- Contact vendors for yearly maintenance of lab equipment;
- Maintains contacts as required with other Curry departments and the general public;
- Responsible for all aspects of Math placement test: phone calls, proctoring the test to students. Inventory of test suite. Updates and issues to MPT reported to IT;
- Stock and inventory labs i.e. gloves, pipets, aprons, disposals of broken glass etc. Prepare labs before the start/ in-between sections;
- Order Preventive Maintenance of Major Lab equipment upon recommendation by faculty;
- Communicates with College Mail Room for time sensitive deliveries;
- Assist in reorganizing storage rooms;
- Inventory shipped supplies when they come in and distribute to proper faculty or put it away if applicable.
3. Budget / Purchasing Responsibilities:
- Monitor budget balance in Banner and provide updates to Chair as requested;
- Process all check requests, expense reports, and purchase orders, inputs receipts of orders from vendors. Follow-up on open purchase orders;
- Work with Finance office to rectify orders and invoices;
- Manage, coordinate, and oversee multiple accounts within the department.
4. Student Workers Oversight Responsibilities:
- Recruit, interview, hire and schedule work study students and student workers as needed and approved (e.g. 3 to 5 students);
- Coordinate, prioritize and assign tasks to student workers;
- Monitor hours worked and ensure accuracy of hours worked in the College's electronic time keeping system;
- Measure performance of student workers.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
- Associates Degree Required.
- A minimum of two to five years office administration experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Demonstrable computing skills and efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to follow-up, follow-through, multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Prior experience in a lab, lab setting, or courses taken in a lab
- Familiarity with lab terminology and equipment (microscopes, pH meters, spectrometers, etc.)
- Experience in a college setting with proven technical abilities across a variety or complex software systems, relational databases, and web-based programs. Banner, CANVAS and SharePoint a plus.
- Experience in Maple TA Testing.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Curry College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College's Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at *****, *****, or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) *****.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested applicants must submit the following:
- a cover letter;
- a resume; and;
- a list of three professional references, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.