This is an on?call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On?call positions may have routine or variable work schedules.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure, and services.
For more information, please visit the DOTI website .
DOTI’s Commitment to Equity:
- DOTI is committed to providing attention and resources to the areas, assets, and people of the city with the greatest need through equitable contracting, equitable investments, and equitable workforce development.
- DOTI’s culture revolves around four key principles: (1) Invest in Our People, (2) Operate with Discipline, (3) Use Data to Drive Decisions, and (4) Deliver Results.
Right of Way Services (ROWS) is responsible for determining the required improvements and reviewing plans for regulatory compliance in the areas of transportation, survey and right-of-way management. ROWS also provides inspection and permits for construction of private and public development projects in conjunction with the use of the City right-of-way.
The Right of Way Services Division has an opening for an Administrative Assistant III. Job duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Job duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following
- Support the team with check in for contractors licensing for type and eligibility for requested work prior to assigning permits. Learn to review traffic control plans, applications and other documentation required for correct submittal
- Develop and use strong customer service to address concerns and questions related to issues within the ROW (via Salesforce software/311 ). Proper response to constituents, City Council, and various stake holders in a timely manner. Daily coordination and communication with multiple agencies for all construction activities in the public right of way
- Use knowledge and experience with MS Outlook E-mail accounts including sending, receiving, saving, searching, responding and formatting subject line matter
- Assist administrative support with schedules and meetings for the team in MS Outlook Calendar
- Familiarity and use of MS Teams virtual meetings and functionality. Use and knowledge of Zoom, texting, Facetime, and other communication applications
- Assist the Inspections Team to schedule, document, organize details electronically for quality checking regarding permit requests for occupancy of in the public right-of-way
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to meet multiple deadlines
- Computer skills using permitting software such as Accela, as well as Map IT, MS Office, spreadsheets, and Salesforce
- Experience supporting staff to deescalate and help research solutions and answers in a timely manner
- Attention to detail with documentation and communication (written/verbal/electronic)
- Desire to work with a team in a virtual setting, yet work independently in a result-driven environment
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply unless you have at least the following minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Two (2) years of clerical experience
- License/Certifications: Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement
About Everything Else
CC1494 Administrative Support Assistant III
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$17.19 - $25.79
Dept of Transportation & Infrastructure
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.