Overview: Quinnipiac University's School of Health Sciences invites applications for an Administrative Assistant to perform clerical duties, faculty/staff assistance and student assistance required to support the School of Health Sciences and its faculty. About Quinnipiac: Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities. Responsibilities:
- Support assigned department chairs, program directors and administrative staff in the performance of their duties.
- Maintain phone coverage and greet visitors and students, take messages, relay information and answer questions. Handle high public contact efficiently and professionally. Have knowledge of Quinnipiac procedures, catalog, and the student handbook; answer questions within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Review and route incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action.
- Use university software systems fully and effectively, including monitoring budgets/expenditures, processing requisitions and requests for payment, and student record keeping.
- Use Microsoft Office to perform duties such as correspondence, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, reports, grants, forms and memos. Edit work for accuracy, format, spelling, punctuation and construction. Assure timely completion of all material.
- Gather and enter data for the preparation of various reports/documents.
- Organize and maintain a filing system for all pertinent department/program data so that it is readily accessible.
- Arrange meetings as required, notify participants, and arrange for all materials, food, facilities, AV equipment, budgets, travel, and support functions. Handle travel for administrative staff.
- Assist with the organization, preparation and ordering for receptions, open houses, information sessions and other University events.
- Supervise and coordinate schedules for student workers.
- Provide coverage for other clerical staff in the School of Health Sciences as requested.
- Some occasional weekend and evening coverage may be required for special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in high traffic office setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
- Please note this is a Grade 5 position in the Clerical & Technical Union
- The hourly rate is $23.87
- Work week is 35 hours per week
- This position requires the successful completion of a Microsoft Office skills test and background check
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visitwww.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: June 03, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time