Mission: At VCU, we Make it Real through learning,
research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the
VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university
nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity,
VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where
your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers
employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement,
competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven
The Administrative Coordinator will perform a wide variety of
administrative, logistical, operational, and technical tasks
critical to the efficiency and success of the department.
Responsibilities will include duties in the general categories of
communications, department support, financial management, office
support, faculty/administrator support, program support,
record-keeping, school support, and student support. The
Administrative Coordinator will work both independently and as a
member of a team and will be expected to demonstrate intuitive
problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and customer service
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple tasks by
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to be a part of a
- Administrative experience. Knowledge of university organization,
policies, and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience in fostering and advancing a diverse,
inclusive and equitable environment and commitment to doing so as a
staff member at VCU.
- Experience using Banner, Navigate, Canvas.
- Work experience in a higher education environment.
- Data management and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Salary Range: $36,000 - $42,000
Department: Department of Educational Leadership
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt