PenBay Technology Group LLC is an established technology company providing website/application development and other IT support services to the federal government. PenBay offers a positive work environment emphasizing teamwork, responsibility, open communication, and creative problem solving. We believe in work/life balance and treat employees with trust and respect...
Certified Air Traffic Control (ATC) Instructor II is a hands-on position that will require the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and lab based training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and certified professional controllers (CPC). The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellent teaching/platform skills and classroom management techniques, a student focused drive for continuous improvement and strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures. In addition, this more senior position will provide mentoring for students and other instructors as well as curriculum design and development expertise.
“ATTN FERS RETIREES: Earnings received as an ATC Instructor, ATC Training Instructional Supervisor, or Contractor Site Supervisor working on this program are EXEMPT from the Supplemental Annuity earnings limits for FERS retirees between the ages of 56 and 62.”
Competencies and Skills:
• Candidate must be knowledgeable about current practices in Air Traffic Control and the current state of the NAS.
• Instructor II trainees must be classroom certified by Facility Technical Liaison (FTL) within 60 calendar days after reporting for duty at the facility.
• Laboratory certification: Certified Instructor II trainees must have the knowledge and skills for each laboratory (radar, non-radar, etc.) in which they will teach. All individuals hired for this position must complete a written knowledge test developed by the FAA for each position/sector to be taught. Each sector knowledge test will be graded by the Facility Technical Liaison for FAA designee, and the Certified Instructor II must be passed with a score of at least 70%.
• Instructor II must be laboratory certified within the first 120 days calendar days of reporting for duty at the facility.
• Ability to interface effectively with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) personnel at all levels to ensure the training delivered at the local level is responsive to local needs, is comprehensive and of consistent high quality.
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Outstanding communication skills
• Ability to work productively with a wide range of people and co-workers
This is a Regular, Part-Time (32 hour per week), benefit-eligible position.
Experience and Education:
• Instructor II must have a minimum of five (5) years recent experience working as a Certified Professional Controller in an FAA air traffic control facility, within the ATC option for which application is made.
• Experience must have been at a like-type and like or higher-level facility.
• Instructor experience, both in the classroom and simulator laboratory (procedural and radar, is required.
• Prior (or current) On-the-Job Training Instructor (OJTI) certification coupled with at least 3+ years’ experience in that role is required.
• Operational experience with ATC simulators including scenario design and pseudo/remote pilot operations for one or more of the following systems is a plus: SYDIM, AT Coach and TSS.
• Curriculum design and development experience is desired.
• ATC “Area Knowledge” and experience at the specific local facility level is desired