Tetra Tech AMT is looking for an Air Traffic Control Specialist.
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following...
• Provide support to the FAA Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Programs and Policy Group (AJV-A).
• Provide technical assistance related to the optimization of airspace and procedure design in PBN projects.
• Operate the Terminal Area Route Generation Evaluation Traffic Simulation (TARGETS) software. The selected candidate is expected to maintain a high degree of proficiency using these tools and can provide recommendations to the FAA regarding problem reports or enhancements to these systems.
• Be able to retrieve and analyze PBN and air traffic data from various sources including the PBN Dashboard Observer, the Project Tracking Tool (PTT), and the Sector Design and appropriate radar data retrieval programs.
• Provide expertise to the FAA regarding Instrument Flight Procedures (IFP) design risks and alternatives.
• Review and provide expertise to the Operations Support Group (OSG) Office on FAA Orders and Directives pertaining to criteria affecting PBN procedure design.
• Be able to follow and comply with all applicable FAA orders, directives, and criteria in the course of designing procedures and producing associated technical data and forms.
• Be able to produce presentation and briefing material related to IFP development and resultant flight paths.
• Supervise the work of graphics specialists and provide any technical assistance they may require.
• Review own work for accuracy and compliance with criteria.
• Participate on user evaluation teams supporting the enhancement of IFP related software, databases, project tracking tools, etc.
• Review the work of others, as directed, for accuracy and compliance with criteria.
• Coordinate as necessary or as directed with IFP workgroup stakeholders.
• Provide TARGETS support for meetings and produce draft-meeting documents.
• Maintain proficiency using software tools necessary for procedure development, and standard office applications such as Microsoft Office.
• The candidate must be able to plan, organize, prioritize and carry out their own work duties.
• Reimbursement for relocation expenses is not available.
• Job normally requires travel up to 25% of the time, but may exceed that at times depending on FAA needs.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelors degree (desired) or equivalent practical experience.
• A minimum of 15 years experience as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC)
• Experience, within the last three years, working with complex automation tools, CAD software, or similar applications.
• Practical experience doing technical work, especially if related to air traffic control or air traffic control procedures and airspace design.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent facilitation and project management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of industry standard office software (MS Office, Acrobat, etc.).
• Knowledge of and experience with airspace or procedures design.
• Analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Terminal Area Route Generation Evaluation Traffic Simulation (TARGETS) software.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference, personal appearance, family responsibility, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
• Organization: 161 AMT