• The rate of pay for this position is $35.24 per hour
Are you an air traffic controller looking for a challenging and exciting career? Serco has a great opportunity for you located in Gig Harbor, WA! Serco Inc. along with our parent company Serco Group is the largest non-government provider of Air Traffic Control (ATC) services in the world. It is our goal to promote the development of aviation and provide safe, efficient and courteous service to our customers and users of our services. Bring your air traffic skills and join the best team.
Serco Inc. is a federal government contractor that provides air traffic control services at Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Contract Towers (FCTs), Non-Federal Contract Towers (NFCT), Remote Air Traffic Control Towers and Ramp Control Services in 11 western states.
Air Traffic Control Specialists (ATCS) control air traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from traffic congestion. They are responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's airspace. ATCS duties include:
• Answering radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft.
• Issuing landing/takeoff instructions.
• Issuing information such as runway to use, wind velocity and direction, visibility, taxiing instructions, and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in vicinity.
• Issuing air traffic clearances.
• Providing advice based on their own observations and information from the National Weather - Service, IFR control facilities, flight service stations, pilots, and other sources.
• Taking and disseminating weather observations at Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) or Supplemental Aviation Weather Reporting Station (SAWRS) facilities.
• Transferring control to receiving facilities when aircraft leave their airspace and receiving control of aircraft coming into their airspace.
• Operating various types of equipment such as: radios, telephones, interphones, computer systems, radar, recording systems, weather equipment, light guns, airport/runway lighting systems, and backup equipment.
• Alerting airport emergency crews and other designated personnel when aircraft are having flight difficulties.
• Coordinating with and issuing instructions to airport vehicles and personnel.
• Maintaining and disseminating records of daily operations
• Other duties as assigned
If you are interested in being part of a team that promotes the development of aviation and provides safe, efficient and courteous service to our customers and users of our services and you meet the requirements listed above, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
• Be available for work within 60 days.
• Have a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate (FAA Form 8500-9).
• A list of FAA Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) in your area can be found at: [Link available when viewing the job] />* Have (1) a copy of their last FAA Airman Certificate with a Control Tower Operator (CTO) Rating and in accordance with FAR 65.39, applicant "must have satisfactorily served as an air traffic control tower operator with a facility rating…for at least 6 months...", or have (2) a copy of their last FAA Airman Certificate with a Credential as an Air Traffic Control Specialist and have held a Tower Rating for at least 6 months.
• A replacement Airman Certificate can be ordered using the following website: [Link available when viewing the job] />* Be eligible to work for Serco under the Federal Immigration Laws
• Verify education and employment references from previous employer(s) including release of drug and alcohol records.
• Receive a negative result on a pre-employment drug screen.
• Be able to receive an interim security suitability clearance granted by FAA Security derived from a public trust background check.
• Establish proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: [Link available when viewing the job] />
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [Email available when viewing the job] or call the HR Service Desk at [Phone number shown when applying], option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [Email available when viewing the job].
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation