Summary & Responsibilities:
Perform air traffic control duties as a full performance controller. Function as a sole tower operator with all Air Traffic Control performance requirements. Perform all basic weather watch functions required during assigned shifts...
• Capable of operating all tower positions as Controller-in-Charge
• Train assistant controllers and trainees in all tower positions
• Record and electronically transmit surface weather observations as applicable
• Obtain and transmit all pilot reports
• Advise maintenance technicians of all equipment problems
Perform other related ATC duties as assigned by the Air Traffic Manager.
• Must have attended Military or FAA Air Traffic Control school or equivalent training and hold a Control Tower Operator (CTO) certification (REQUIRED)
• Minimum of 3 years experience in ATC duties in a control tower (REQUIRED)
• Management experience desired, but not required.
• Must have or be able to hold a Class 2 FAA medical certificate (REQUIRED)
• Must have or be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET security clearance (REQUIRED)
• Must have a background in weather observation and have or be able to pass National Weather Service LAWRS/SAWRS certification examination as applicable.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and basic background screening (REQUIRED