Do you want to be a part of a team of aviation innovators who are helping change the industry landscape...
We are currently recruiting for an Aircraft Dispatcher job in Indianapolis, IN.
Our client fosters trust, respect, and care, they have become one of the most sought-after places to work in aviation and have more than 6,000 Associates.
Join their corporate team where there are a variety of ways to elevate your career opportunities in an exciting industry.
They offer a comprehensive benefit from dental, medical, 410k, PTO, and sick pay monthly.
Salary: 20/hr with holiday pay.
All employees get flight privileges from United, Delta, American
They are also offering an $8000 dollar retention stipend
Authorizes, regulates, and controls airline flights according to government and Company regulations to expedite and ensure flight safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE AIRCRAFT DISPATCHER JOB IN INDIANAPOLIS, IN
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepare dispatch releases for Domestic, Flag, and Supplemental operations,
• Monitor the progress of each flight paying specific attention to changing weather and field conditions at departure, destination, and alternate airports.
• Records departure and arrival times of flights and keeps computer systems up to date.
• Provides weather information for flight crews and continuously monitor for changes. Updates the flight crew of significant changes to weather, field conditions or Air Traffic concerns and makes recommendations for changes to the original plan, as needed, in the interest of safety.
• Coordinates with ground operations on any crew or aircraft changes or disruptions.
• Coordinates diversions with station operations to ensure the best possible passenger experience.
• Records all non-routine incidents and completes appropriate forms and reports.
• Initiates emergency procedures and notifications when necessary.
• Coordinates with all appropriate parties any unscheduled operation of aircraft due to weather, airport conditions, emergency situations, etc.
• Provides coaching and on-the-job training for new-hire dispatchers as directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Possess a valid Aircraft Dispatcher License.
• Possess Microsoft Office skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Four year – Bachelors degree.
• Previous experience in Dispatching or other airline experience.
• Excellent communications and customer service skills.
• Able to pass an FAA required 10-year work history review and pass criminal background and fingerprint checks.
• Possess and maintain a valid US passport or foreign passport.
• Authorized by law to work in the United States and able to travel in and out of the United States.
• Willing to submit to and pass FAA and Company mandated random drug and alcohol tests.
• Must be 23 years of age or older.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Able to work nights, evenings, weekends and holidays to support 24-hour operations.
Annual Operating Familiarization Flights as required by Federal regulation
If you're interested in applying for the Aircraft Dispatcher job in Indianapolis, please include:
• Updated resume
• Copy of your FAA Dispatcher certificate