GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visitwww.grail.com.
As the Director of Technical Operations for GRAIL's global operations group, you will oversee the teams responsible for Operational Business Intelligence and Operational Excellence for all aspects of production tests performed by GRAIL. The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience managing the key processes governed by these teams. These include Process Monitoring, Investigations and Troubleshooting, Continuous Improvement, Verification and Validation in a regulated environment.TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the framework for the Operational Business Intelligence and Operational Excellence teams and oversee the day to day activities
- Drive prioritization and establish alignment across business units
- Provide technical leadership to ensure sustainability and continuity of operational processes
- Interact cross-functionally with other departments and functional groups including software, research, biostatistics, quality, and product development
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, problem-solving creativity, and collaboration with others. Experience in IVD support, troubleshooting, and validation in a regulated environment is desired.
- BS with 15+ years of relevant experience, MS with 13+ years of relevant experience, or Doctoral degree (MD, Ph.D.) with 10+ years of relevant experience in a medical specialty or related science
- Demonstrated success in overseeing/developing a department or function, with direct impact on scientific, operational, and financial results
- Strong working knowledge and established expertise in clinical diagnostics, medical devices, or equivalent
- Expertise with IVD development and Change Control
- Experience with nucleic acid extraction technologies
- Experience with analytical testing platforms
- Experience product transfer and verification in an FDA regulated environment desired
- Practical knowledge of liquid handling and automation a plus
- Practical knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing sample preparation workflows and applications preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and willingness to collaborate and contribute cross-functionally
- Good planning, management, problem-solving, and organizational skills with a high level of self-motivation
- Willingness for occasional domestic/international travel up to 15%
- 2+ years relevant experience in a CAP/CLIA Laboratory
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ("Agency"), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings ("Agreement"). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team.