AMERICAS CONSTRUCTION DIRECTOR
|Location||Houston, Texas 77001|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
Job Description:Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for an Americas Construction Director in Houston, TX.
The incumbent is accountable for the overall construction management work process, scopes for projects being executing in the Americas. Accountability includes strategic and tactical matters associated with construction management commencing during the bid development phase and continues through start-up and commissioning.
The incumbent must possess expert-level construction/EPCM management skills and knowledge along with exceptional communication and influencing skills. The role requires significant interaction with internal groups such as project management, engineering, procurement, EPCs firms and construction contractors ensuring effective coordination across all involved supporting project delivery commitments. The incumbent also interfaces extensively with the customer on engineering and technical matters. Projects are executed utilizing global capabilities, necessitating a strong cross-cultural competency.
Develop and lead a high-performing construction management team which includes external partners, vendors, equipment vendors and possibly, customer representatives.
Ensures projects are front end loaded with rigorous construction planning, implement value engineering, constructability processes, and best practices. Manages project objectives and expectations throughout the project regarding scope, budget, invoicing, schedules, and time frame. Manages and developments Construction Management team.
Oversight and provides direction to construction management work processes and activities including ensuring site safety program, cost, schedule, and quality are aligned to support project KPIs and objectives
Participates in project reviews and for unique execution strategies and decision-making process to address these situations. Lead the internal and/or external problem-solving necessary to arrive at appropriate decisions.
Single point of contact for the execution team supporting project development through project on stream
Maintains a safe work environment and support corporate and project execution construction safety program goals within the office, with suppliers, and on construction sites.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Adopts and promotes the commitment to provide a safe workplace that strives for an incident and injury free environment where everyone goes home safe every day. Ensures construction safety program including Site-Specific Safety Planning is proactively communicated and consistently enforced on all projects
• Hires, trains, and manages required staff resources to support America's project execution organization to accomplish projects strategy as it relates to safety, cost, and schedule. Mentors Construction Managers and Superintendents
• Provides guidance to the construction team to develop budgets and project plans during the proposal, design and/or preconstruction phase of the project
Supports project strategy and provides construction management program, including scalable construction strategies from project initiation to handover. Promotes use of AWP, CWP to ensure proper site planning
• Establishes and maintains relationships and acts as the primary contact and counsel to project management
• Identifies deficiencies in skills among assigned construction team members and works to improve individual's capabilities through coaching, development, and training
• Knowledge of construction management best practices and a willingness to adapt and lean out existing practices. Ensures training and continuous improvement processes are implemented for the Construction Management team
• Leads and develops processes to ensure full, end-to-end coordination between all involved parties from planning, design, construction, and commissioning
•Accountable for management of the construction management group budget and financial reporting
•Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field preferred
• 15+ years of Construction Leadership experience
• 7+ years of experience working with multiple projects
- PMP or CCM certification preferred
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division
Global Project Execution
Job ID: 4464750875588574168
Houston, Texas Jobs
Air Products Jobs
Construction Managers Jobs