The Analytics Engineer is a key role working within a highly collaborative and Agile team toward the design and development of business-critical solutions ranging from software, data analysis, business intelligence, and automation.
This role will be responsible for the design and development of business-critical solutions focused on data process automation. This individual will play an essential role in creating and enabling high value technological solutions in a new space focused on intelligent data design and deployment.
This position is for a role within Customer Data, and Analytics (CDA), and within a team of developers and data professionals who support the Expeditors Network Management Center, a global solutions-based center of excellence. The team provides support for some of Expeditors largest customers in the aviation, automotive, Pharmaceutical, and retail industries, specializing in the oversight of critical logistics shipments, aircraft on ground shipments and other specialized logistics service offerings.
Successful candidates must understand or be able to learn: 1) an expert in designing and maintaining scalable data pipelines; 2) identify and validate opportunities to improve and maintain data quality; 3) and collaborates with analytics and operations teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence solutions.Qualifications
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate business requirements and processes into technical specification to build scalable data pipelines.
- Monitors and seeks opportunities to improve data quality and performance of existing data processes.
- Designs and implements data integrations and data quality frameworks
- Maintain a clear and concise code using version control (Git)
- Works closely with a various of stakeholders (business intelligence, frontend, backend, product managers, etc.)
- Writes unit/integrations tests and technical documentation
- Create Scalable, Efficient Solutions
- Document, Communicate, and Present Technical Information
- Sharing, Collaborating, Training and Alignment
- Deploy and Measure Effective Solutions
- Work effectively with a cross functional team of peers
- Ability to clearly communicate and present to small and large groups
- Experience in structured and unstructured data (SQL, No-SQL, JSON, XML)
- Experience with schema and ; table design
- Experience with dimensional data modeling
- Experience in object-oriented programming (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of a variety of automation techniques using API or other forms of EDI.
- Experience designing, building and deploying data processing solutions
- Experience in deploying Python task automation
- Knowledge of monitoring and maintaining deployed solutions
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting, monitoring, and profiling databases
- Bachelor s degree or higher in statistics, data analytics or computer science or three years of professional experience
- Experience with process automation
- UiPath certification
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Microsoft Azure Analytics
- Experience with MS-SQL (T-SQL) and/or Postgres