Master Halco, the largest manufacturer/distributor of fencing products, has an immediate opportunity for an Accounts Payable Supervisor. This position will support the AP Manager in carrying out the responsibility of the AP Department
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Provide Training and Support to for AP Staff
- Receive, record, and process check and/or wire transfers for disbursement.
- Responsible for ensuring that all invoices are input into the system within 2 days of receipt for audit and approval.
- Ensure that invoices are properly coded and approved, according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all discounts are taken in a timely manner.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Responsible for matching purchase orders with invoices to ensure that all invoices are paid, according to the vendor terms. 3-way and 2-way matching experience.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well those related to specific accounts from corporate employees and vendor inquires.
- Supervise AP Specialists in the above-named tasks to ensure efficient processing is executed by the entire team.
- Manage timekeeping system and records for subordinates.
- Supervise reconciliation of vendor accounts and their balances, including debit balances and outstanding checks.
- Resolve payment issues with vendors as needed.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Operated 10-key calculators and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- 3 to 5 years of related AP experience and/or training
- Highschool Diploma or Equivalent; 2+ years college preffered
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Organized and flexible with the ability to adjust to a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced PC skills including Windows 7, MS Office Suites
- Proficient in Excel
Why join Master Halco?
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits programs
- 401 K retirement savings program with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Donation match program
MASTER HALCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER