This position is to drive adoption of Digital Tool offerings for the Applied Service Group to improve CE efficiency and provide improved customer KPI. The person will identify and track key metrics for digital tool usage, model work processes for preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance, communicate needs in these work processes, and determine which digital tools can be used to automate and streamline these work processes.
- Identifying and tracking key metrics for digital tool usage success.
- Understand the job roles, work processes, and user needs for the target digital tool audience
- Deploy and maintain sitewide tool data acquisition software prototypes and interfaces for monitoring semiconductor process tools.
- Address key challenges with goal of continuous improvement.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and accuracy of the algorithms by working closely with process and equipment experts, providing feedback to algorithm developers
- Knowledge and application of statistical / data science techniques
- Communicate and train techniques to field engineers, including writing documentation and creating audio and video tutorials for use for a variety of user types
- Ability to interact with and assist Process engineers, Customer engineers, and engage engineering teams and provide status updates accordingly.
- Ability to develop, document and transfer new and innovative techniques/solutions for manufacturing data analysis.
- Strong knowledge of semiconductor equipment
- Strong knowledge of tool signals and FDC systems.
- Work well in team, providing and receiving constructive input with team members
- Monitor and quantify the results of complex algorithms in a production environment.
- Train a variety of individuals on the operation of these algorithms.
- Participate in team developing new and innovative solutions and frameworks for analysis
- Assist in developing scalable solutions which will work in a customer manufacturing environment
- New FSS Application Field testing, evaluation, and feedback to developers in coordination with local field service team
- Provides application ongoing support (configuration, new feature proposal, bug reporting)
- Process monitoring model develop/maintain (UVA, MVA, ADE)
- Use FSS Applications/Dashboards to aid FSO in troubleshooting tool/process issues
- Present work and conclusions clearly and succinctly to peers and review forums
- Develops depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Assists others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Participate in cross-functional teamwork
- Ability to work effectively with variety of stakeholders within Applied Materials including field service and factory teams
A minimum of 10 years manufacturing support using manufacturing automation/analytics software.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience: 4 - 7 Years
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time
Relocation Eligible: No
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.