ERIKS North America
ERIKS is a leading international industrial service provider that offers a wide range of technical products, co-engineering, and customized solutions, as well as related services. We help customers in a variety of industrial segments to improve their products' performance and reduce their total cost of ownership. Our technical know-how is the basis of our specialism. We have built up deep expertise in the areas of gaskets, industrial & hydraulic hoses, conveying systems and more. We supply A-brands as well as manufacture our own products. Our skilled colleagues serve customers in their original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and maintenance, repair, and overhaul operations (MRO). ERIKS has a strong and established position in North America. For more information, please visit www.ERIKSNA.com .
Position: Application Engineer
Job Location: La Porte, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary of the Role
The application engineer will support all aspects of the gasket workmanship and will assist production and manufacturing departments when required. A “hands on” approach is required to problem solve within the organization and with customer’s inquiries about gasket performance, mode of failure, gasket special customization and design. This role will work closely with all the departments of the organization as a support link between gasket manufacturing and end user.
- To maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures.
- Preparation and maintenance of detailed 2D drawings
- Work hand-in-hand with the manufacturing / fabricating team to create the final product
- Assist in testing of the product to ensure adherence to specifications
- Monitor the design for potential improvements and manufacturability constraints
- Support Technical Team in creating a product from reference drawings, manage product data, share designs
- Advise sales personnel and on constructions, dimensions, and other special requirements.
- Compile data to evaluate feasibility of new product design concepts or strengthen existing designs.
- Provide support internally and to customers on use of products and answer technical questions of products
- Travel as needed to customer locations for assistance on the field during turn arounds, persistent field problems and to discuss or provide training on technical aspects of products
- Participate in special projects involving new products to include technical, marketing assistance.
- Participate in National Organizations when needed (ASME, PVP..etc)
- Participate in activities related to Research and development of new gaskets and look improvements in current gaskets.
- Able to handle testing machines : Compression , tensile, compressibility , leak and creep relaxation test for Gaskets.
- Perform other related duties assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Hands On approach with mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency CAD software including solid models, assemblies, drawings and part families
- Computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to effectively present to customers
- Ability to work within a cross functional team is essential
- Ability to interact and develop collaborative relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Detail oriented, independent thinking, self-starting, motivated
- Self-motivated and with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
- Understanding of manufacturing constraints
- Ability to work in a research and development ambient, able to lift weight, handling equipment for gasket testing.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or equivalent degree required.
- 2+ years experience CAD package preferred
- Competitive compensation plan
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability
- 401-k with company match
- Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to employ qualified persons without regard for race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation or disability. Individuals are considered for employment, promotion, or training solely on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position.