Iowa City, Iowa Jobs
Computer User Support Specialists Jobs
Information Technology Services, a service organization that provides technology support for the University of Iowa campus, is seeking an enthusiastic and talented
to design, develop, and support applications and services provided by our Administrative Information Systems (AIS) department. As a member of the AIS - Architecture team, you will build and support critical enterprise systems that are used throughout campus including: our student information system (MAUI), workflow and communication engines, data portals, and more.
This is a Professional & Scientific full-time position is classified as an
Application Programmer Analyst
(PIA1) which is the entry-level for those looking for an opportunity to go into the software development field doing full-stack web applications. You will be a member of a high-performing team that values critical thinking, communication, accountability, and collaboration with customers and peers. Ideal candidates will have interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies and you will use those skills to build solutions that impact all of campus.
In a typical week, your responsibilities might include:
* Helping campus developers transition to modern authentication frameworks.
* Migrating legacy Java applications to containerized infrastructure and deployments.
* Implementing security best practices, tooling, and monitoring.
* Mentoring student employees to help them migrate our CI/CD infrastructure to cloud services.
* Working with peers across workgroups to migrate user interfaces to modern GUI component libraries.
We value work/home life balance and strive to provide flexible work options where possible. This position is eligible for a combination of on-campus and remote work. Work arrangement options will be discussed during the hiring process. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including 24 days paid vacation per year to start and paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits
Our mission is to create a welcoming and supportive workplace where everyone feels empowered to be their authentic selves and share ideas. We strive to cultivate a workforce culture of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We embrace this commitment as mission-critical, not just compliance-driven, and embed it in hiring, incentive, retention, and career-development practices and initiatives.
This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
* Experience (typically 1-3 years) developing large web applications with some technical direction or equivalent collegiate or open-source project experience.
* Experience with web-based frameworks, protocols, and tools.
* Familiarity with web service APIs and concepts.
* Knowledge of software development best practices (source code control, issue tracking, etc.) and technology trends.
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and customer relations skills.
* Ability to apply critical thinking, technical problem solving, and analyzing system specifications.
* Knowledge and experience with cloud architectures and services (AWS, Google, Azure).
* Relational database experience, including SQL experience.
* Familiarity with Higher Education and associated administrative/academic processes.
To be considered, applicants must upload
a resume and a cover letter
(under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential verification. Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process. For questions, contact Kim Kuebrich Yordi at *****.
There is an expectation that the person in this position will maintain effective, civil, and respectful working relationships with the University of Iowa campus community and uphold a high standard of cultural competency and respect for difference that represents our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.Additional Information
Job ID: 2021338321965585486
Iowa City, Iowa, 52240