The Applications Manager will oversee the development and maintenance of our applications on Salesforce, AWS, and Smartsheet. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in all three platforms and a proven ability to manage projects from conception to completion. This will require the Applications Manager to build collaborative relationships with various other IT partners and representatives from software vendors, all while embodying high standards of professionalism.
• Install, configure, integrate, run diagnostics, and update all enterprise applications while reporting any serious errors to both the client and the application host.
• Contribute to and be responsible for timelines involving software and enterprise account purchases with vendors, including, but not limited to license renewals, trial accounts for evaluation, and technical support.
• Research current market offerings for applications that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business model, while considering budget limitations. Drive acquisition strategy for planning future software purchases.
• Identify, track, escalate, and manage project risks and issues to resolution.
• Ensure timely and consistent communications during any major downtime or enterprise migrations – as well as manage any continuity of business planning regarding software.
• Ensure systems and any new changes are properly tested and compliant with Department of Defense (DoD) security policies.
• Work collaboratively with teammates and take ownership of produced work.
• Oversee enterprise process design & implementation, adoption of best practices, system architecture planning, as well as assessing efficiency and effectiveness for each application across various use cases.
• Provide subject matter expertise in supporting, maintaining, and administering applications at varying levels of complexity.
• Write and maintain comprehensive, up-to-date technical documentation for all items of responsibility.
• Ensure the security, availability, and scalability of the applications, including government FEDRamp approved systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field OR equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of experience managing CRM & BPM applications – Salesforce is preferred.
• 6+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator for at least more than two systems.
• 6+ years of experience overseeing large contracts and purchase orders with IT vendors.
• Strong technical background in Salesforce and AWS.
• Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and other causes.
• Excellent organizational skills, able to track statuses across multiple projects, applications, and larger directives while still meeting deadlines.
• Ability to manage ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts to other business departments at all organizational levels.
• Ability to pass a background check including, but not limited to, personal and professional financial history, nationwide criminal record search, credit check and other relevant background information deemed necessary.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
• Active Secret Clearance Level
• Knowledge of Web Services and Services Oriented Architecture
• Hands on experience with digital asset management and monitoring tools
• Experience with DoD cybersecurity and ATO processes
• Provide proof of Salesforce Administrator Certification and/or other Salesforce credentials
The ability to focus on computer screens for extensive periods of time.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.
Requisition ID: 2023-1363
External Company URL: careers-tatitlek.icims.com