We are seeking an Architecture Studio Leader for Federal buildings in Jacksonville, FL.
The Architecture Studio Leader - Federal Buildings may serve as a Senior Project Manager or Project Director on large, complex multi-discipline projects, and typically directs/mentors discipline associates and Project Managers in professional, technical, and operational best practices. The leader performs advanced aspects of the architectural profession including all aspects of master planning and programming, design, code analysis, construction document production, and construction administration, coordinating with a diversified team. Associate directs and oversees diverse and complex discipline work tasks requiring extensive architecture, communication, and management expertise to lead project production and quality assurance while maintaining profitable operations.
- Responsible for demonstrating creativity, foresight, and maturity in architectural judgment when anticipating and solving unprecedented architectural complexities, determining Business Unit objectives and requirements, organizing projects, and developing standards and guides for diverse architectural activities.
- Advises senior officers in matters of company and Business Unit policies and procedures.
- Applies thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of architecture as related to the variety of aspects affecting the discipline and Business Unit.
- Applies advanced knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Stays informed of new methods and developments affecting the organization and discipline to recommend new practices or operate procedures.
- Leads and oversees client communications, proposal coordination, marketing and presentations, and management of Business Unit procedures, processes, and production criteria to maintain quality deliverables and profitable operations.
- Serves as a disciplined leader within the Business Unit, as well as an expert professional and technical resource for discipline and related activities, including active participation in discipline quality improvement and assurance activities.
- Supports the development and application of company and Business Unit standard operating procedures and technical requirements for projects and discipline deliverables
- Interacts with various government agencies, as well as building and code departments, to obtain data for substantiating facts as to costs of labor, material, and equipment.
- Serves as the technical specialist for the Business Unit in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in providing architectural and facility design services.
- Assists the Business Unit and company in maintaining professional registration and licensure in various states by ensuring conformance with professional requirements.
- Keeps informed of new discipline or related developments and licensure requirements affecting services for the purpose of recommending changes in service delivery methods or a new professional service opportunity.
- Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments of a multi-discipline team.
- Manages staff, field reviews, inspections, and observations of ongoing construction projects.
- Recognized by professional peers within the discipline area of specialty.
- Manages multiple professional projects, as well as, design teams, staff, and clients.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations of significant impact on the firm's primary architectural and facility design activities.
- Effectively directs and controls issues affecting the Business Unit's business goals.
- Establishes and follows through on manpower budgets, labor control methods, staff recruitment, training, and other operational needs.
- Assumes the administrative responsibilities for effectively supervising and carrying out functional activities of project management, design, production, and operations;
- May serve as a Senior Project Manager or Project Director on several large, complex projects involving multiple project architects or consultants.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level architects and engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
- Supervises a staff of architects, interior designers, and architectural technicians.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- An accredited Bachelor of Architecture (5-year) or master's degree in architecture.
- 14+ years of prior work experience within the field of architecture.
- Registered Architect required; NCARB highly recommended.
- Experience as a Senior Project Manager for large projects in the Federal Market (NASA, DoD, GSA, VA, and others)
- Client Management and Business Development experience.
- Experience with institutional clients with a preference toward Federal Market (university, K-12 education, or state/local government).
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
We take pride in having partnered with Federal clients for more than 70 years on facilities and infrastructure projects. From hangars and airfields to training and command facilities, you could be a part of a team that is changing the landscape of federal clients for a variety of agencies. Our Federal Market has seen a four-fold growth in the past three years. A passionate leader will direct design professionals who are looking for career growth to serve our clients, while managing large design projects and mentoring associates. These projects are nationwide, as well as in a number of foreign countries and territories, and reach hundreds of millions of dollars in construction value for space exploration, defense, and government operations.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Web Reference : AJF/379847586-22
Posted Date : Wed, 06 Jul 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of RS&H. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Careers 4 Managers