Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Business Management and Innovation
Who we are seeking:
We are seeking an energetic practitioner-educator to join our faculty within Champlain College's Robert P. Stiller School of Business. Our ideal candidate is someone who shares our enthusiasm for wanting to bring to life our mission to "develop the strengths, integrity, expertise, and entrepreneurial mindset of aspiring and innovative professionals with a goal of driving positive change in their lives, workplaces, communities, and the world." We are looking for a colleague who is aligned with our passion for delivering professionally- and globally-focused, experiential education aimed at preparing the next generation of business leaders to make a positive impact in the world.
Reporting to the Dean of the Stiller School of Business, you will support the dynamic needs of our business school as we continue to evolve our curriculum to meet the changing needs of today's professionals. You will bring your own practical experiences from business organizations, as well as a commitment to teaching and supporting students on their learning journey. You will have a deep appreciation for the complexities of today's business landscape; be committed to our goal promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in all that we do, including our immediate work environment, teaching pedagogy, and curriculum design; have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively with others to innovate; and embrace teaching from a strengths-based and growth mindset.
What are the specific job responsibilities of this position?
- Teach up to 4 courses per semester among the topical areas of entrepreneurship, innovation, product development, sales, supply change management, analytics, operations, and/or human relations.
- Develop new undergraduate courses across our business programs, including management, innovation and entrepreneurship-focused courses.
- Collaborate with faculty across Champlain College to imagine how the Stiller School can integrate with and support other programs as the college evolves, especially in new directions related to Biolife sciences.
- Actively work to cultivate experiential learning opportunities with students in connection with the local business community and beyond.
- Advise Stiller School of Business majors supporting student belonging, success and retention.
- Create and participate in service activities to support student, faculty, and college-wide initiatives.
- Engage in professional development activities that foster your growth as an educator, practitioner, scholar, and member of the Champlain and broader community.
What are the qualifications we believe will set you up for success?
Job requirements include:
- Doctorate in management, organization behavior, industrial-organizational psychology, or other closely related fields; or Master's degree in combination with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to teach business content related to entrepreneurship, innovation, product development, sales, supply change management, analytics, operations, and/or human relations.
- Industry experience (working and/or leading).
- Experience teaching at the college level.
- Experience in working with diverse populations and demonstration of past and current involvement in promoting equity, inclusion, diversity, and belonging.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, not-for-profit, private college in Burlington, Vermont, with additional campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Champlain offers a traditional undergraduate experience from its beautiful campus overlooking Lake Champlain and a broad portfolio of online degrees and certificates. The College is known for its distinctive and innovative approach to career-focused education so students can be, "Ready for Work. Ready for Life. Ready to Make a Difference." For the seventh year in a row, Champlain was named a "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" rankings, and was listed among The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges" in 2022. Champlain is also featured in the 2021 Fiske Guide to Colleges as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain and was recognized as a 2020 College of Distinction for its "Engagement, Teaching, Community, and Outcomes."
Specifically, in our Stiller School of Business, we offer a comprehensive business curriculum that features extensive real-world experience and covers both the basics and the complexities of how business is conducted in a global economy. Our graduates are not only prepared to thrive in this accelerated age, they are set up to make a lasting impact through their work. We are proud that:
- Our strengths-based approach to education and advising helps students determine who they are, so they can choose programs and courses that align with their passions.
- 92% of the Stiller School Class of 2019 are employed or continuing their education within six months after graduation.
- Of those employed, 98% are in positions related to their career goals.
- These stellar career outcomes can be tied to the extensive hands-on learning opportunities our students receive through marketplace projects, simulations, case studies, and internships both here and abroad.
Additional Information to Consider as you Apply:
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at ***** with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Please submit a CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the desired qualifications, as well as a separate statement describing your teaching philosophy and how it aligns with Champlain's diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=155472&CNTRNO=3&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency