The University of Virginia's College at Wise invites applications for an Assistant Athletic Trainer. UVA Wise is a four-year liberal arts college located in the mountains of southwestern Virginia, and is a division of the University of Virginia. The College is a NCAA Division II school, competing in the South Atlantic Conference (SAC). Duties of the position include:
- Under the general supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer, provide physical therapy and assist in the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Provide trainer coverage of athletic activities and advise on prevention and care of athletic injuries.
- Communicate with Head Athletic Trainer regarding staffing, maintenance, and equipment needs for individual athletic training rooms.
- Engage in the development and maintenance of effective policies and procedures for the unit.
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer with determining distribution of personnel to ensure coverage of all sports.
- Provide input on the annual budget development process. Procure items utilizing the UVA Marketplace.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Employee fulfills duties as a “responsible employee” under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. A Responsible employee includes any employee: who has the authority to take action to redress sexual violence; who has been given the duty of reporting incidents of sexual violence or any other misconduct by students to the Title IX Coordinator or other appropriate school designee; or whom a student could reasonably believe has this authority or duty.
UVA Wise is committed to helping the campus community
provide for their own safety and security. The Annual
Security and Fire Safety Report containing information on campus
security and personal safety, including alerts, fire safety, crime
prevention tips, and crime statistics is available at www.uvawise.edu/ASR.
A copy is available upon request by calling ***** or
UVA Wise is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, military status, and family medical or genetic information.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements?and?guidelines for employment at UVA.