This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/***** Department
SING Global - Finance & Operations
About the Department
UChicago Global drives the University of Chicago\'s strategic priorities abroad and creates opportunities for global collaborations. As part of the Office of Science, Innovation, National Laboratories and Global (SING), UChicago Global maintains a unique bird\'s eye view of the University\'s engagement across academic units and around the world. UChicago Global offers a collection of programmatic and operational best practices, seed funding for collaborative research, financial policy guidance, and support for faculty research activities abroad.
The Assistant Director, Global Finance supports efforts to monitor financial transactions, accounting processes, and financial reporting at the University and its Global Centers. Reporting to the Director of Global Finance, Operations, and Compliance, the Assistant Director will work closely with the Assistant Director of International Compliance and Senior Associate Director of Human Resources to support long- and short-term financial goals for UChicago Global and the initiatives and Centers within its purview.
This position coordinates projects in monitoring the operating and capital budgets for divisions and/or University-wide administrative units. At the instruction of others, performs work that contributes to development of long and short term financial goals, business strategies/plans, and financial forecasts/models for major service programs and initiatives. Utilizes moderate knowledge of finance to help coordinate quarterly and year-end reporting for the operating budget.
- Manages financial operating budgets and supports monthly reporting for Centers.
- Develops financial forecasts and models for initiatives based on historical data and latest projections from Center teams.
- Responsible for reviewing accounting, financial controls, and procurement process for Centers.
- Coordinates monthly and year end projections and reporting for the operating budget including updates in Delphi.
- Manages expenditures, including ePayment and BuySite transactions, and tracks against annual budget.
- Conducts bank reconciliations, implements cash management procedures, and supports reporting to optimize investments.
- Provides value added financial information and analyses that support high quality decision making.
- Assists in the drafting of the Unit\'s budgets, providing analytical support for routine budget projections and analyzing budget estimates and proposals.
- Ensures budget proposals and monthly forecasts are accurate, complete, and in compliance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives.
- Creates strategies for improving budget and financial planning processes with a focus on efficiency and coordination between the Unit and Centers.
- Serves as a resource to staff, faculty, Center teams, research collaborators, and University units for the ongoing financial services/transactions through Global.
- Manages updates to finance manual for staff with relevant policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and prepares budgets, creates accounts, and works with the financial accounting system to allocate, authorize, monitor, and control expenses.
- Prepares monthly reports, conducts and correct errors in accounts using existing procedures that are in place, and provides advice on the financial impact of human resources and academic affairs decisions.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- Advanced qualification in accounting.
- Accounting systems and budget systems.
- Accounting for international operations.
- Experience in a University setting, or other not-for-profit enterprise.
Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Advanced skills in Excel essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- Skill with ERP applications / software such as Oracle, SAP, and Salesforce.
Think strategically and translate into operational objectives.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Exceptionally strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Proactively identify areas to improve accuracy in financial entries and reporting.
Establish and maintain positive worki