This position is an "unclassified" position and has no disciplinary appeal rights to the Municipal Civil Service Commission. This position is likewise subject to at-will employment status and can be terminated at any time for any reason.
Ronald Darner Operations Facility, 5800 Historic, Old Hwy 90 W, San Antonio, TX 78227
6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday – Friday; occasional weekends and holidays
- Initiates, supervises and evaluates the execution of park programs and/or the operation and maintenance of assigned parks and facilities through on-site inspections.
- Establishes short and long-range division priorities, goals and objectives.
- Evaluates program and operational services to include the preparation of special and regular reports and traveling to program sites for monitoring and evaluation.
- May assist in negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Serves as liaison to the community, neighborhood organizations, public and/or private agencies to include responding to citizen inquiries and complaints and/or developing informational presentations including attending meetings with other City staff, private business representatives and/or community groups at various locations throughout
- May write promotional or educational articles for various public or professional publications and may attend City-wide promotional events as part of program marketing opportunities.
- Assists in budget preparation and administration.
- Assists in preparation of grant applications.
- May solicit sponsorships for programs and special events.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
- Transports participants in City vehicles for programs or facility tours.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Valid Class 'C' Texas Driver's License.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Knowledge of various trades used within the department.
- General understanding of the city budget and contracting processes.
- Twelve (12) months of experience obtaining cost estimates to maintain facilities.
- Twelve (12) months of experience with various city contractors.
- Twelve (12) months of experience with the SAP/CRM work order system.
- Twelve (12) months of experience using Microsoft Office software.
- Twelve (12) months of experience operating a desktop computer.
- Familiar with the City of San Antonio Administrative Directives (ADs).
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
- Knowledge of principles applicable to division.
- Knowledge of fiscal, management, and administrative principles and practices.
- Knowledge of division and facility equipment such as mowers, tillers,
pumps, sprayers, motorized vehicles, heating & cooling systems, irrigation systems, etc.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision, training, and personnel management.
- Knowledge of marketing practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to give public presentations and interviews.
- Ability to prepare articles for popular or technical audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff and the general public.
- Ability to rapidly determine the needs and requirements of field assignments.
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations.
- Working conditions are inside and outside with occasional exposure to temperature variations, damp/wet surfaces, hazardous materials, flammable liquids, high noise areas, insects, insect bites, dust and unfavorable fumes and vapors.