$80,100 - $97,900
Jen C, Recruiter at Gigzio
Got 12 people hired
Opportunity in Maine as well as North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia!
Oversees quality, freshness, and safety of grocery products in a distribution center by implementing and monitoring quality control policies and procedures; teaching quality inspection practices to provide consistency of execution; calibrating inspection methodology with different authorities; and communicating acceptance and rejection performance to suppliers.
Oversees Walmart's fruit ripening program by reviewing forecasted demand, ordering and delivery scheduling, and the conditioning and ripening of products; educating distribution center and store associates on handling procedures; managing exceptions within the program; escalating exception issues to Quality Control Manager; working with the Regional Manager to identify solutions; and executing processes to resolve exception issues, as defined at regional level.
Prepares distribution center overhead budget by calculating wage expenses for management and hourly associates; estimating travel expenses for associates; estimating training, supplies, and other line item expenses; submitting proposed budget to Regional Manager for approval; and comparing forecasted budget to actual spending to identify discrepancies.
Provides recommendations to improve the quality of perishable products by observing suppliers' facilities and growing areas to discuss quality opportunities; recommending new standards for quality; and instructing distribution center and transportation associates on cold chain protocol.
Oversees communication on product quality to the distribution center by ensuring information is communicated accurately; and ensuring communication timelines are met.
Oversees cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature by reviewing cold chain compliance records; addressing issues of noncompliance ; and overseeing distribution center actions to resolve compliance issues. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Food Science, or related field and 2 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related area OR 4 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Microsoft Office, Supervising Associates
Job ID: 919050017029245845
LEWISTON, Maine, 04240