Job Number 22170341
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, 201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Entry level management position that is assists in the daily operations in Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Bars and Room Service Departments, where applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.Candidate Profile Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
- Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
- Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Assists in achieving or exceeding budgeted goals.
- Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
- Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Meets and greets guests.
- Supervises on-going training initiatives.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Source: Hospitality Online