Assistant Sports Information and Media Relations Specialist
Job ID: 251529
Location: Columbus State University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Columbus State University, a Division II member of the Peach Belt Conference invites applications for the position of Assistant Sports Information and Media Relations Specialist. This position will perform duties in compliance with all NCAA, Peach Belt Conference, and Columbus State University rules and regulations.
Reporting to the Sports Information Director and the Manager of Athletic and Business Operations the Sports Information Assistant is responsible for supporting all aspects of the 13-NCAA sport athletic program at Columbus State University and additional administrative duties pertaining to home and away games.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Abides by and complies with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Peach Belt Conference (PBC) rules, academic standards, requirements, and policies of the University, and all guidelines and policies of the Athletics department and reports any concerns of compromise or violation of rules, standards, guidelines or policies to the Director of Athletics or the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to the local media, fans and supporters of Columbus State University on a regular basis.
- Cultivate relationships with local media and provide them with an abundance of information regarding CSU Athletics.
- Assists in all marketing and promotion efforts of the CSU Athletic Department
- Edit and update content on the athletic website (csucougars.com) on a regular basis. This includes text, statistics, schedules, and photographs.
- Responsible for all the creation and publishing of communication materials to be disseminated from the Athletic Department, especially brochures, media guides, and all athletic department website information.
- Responsible for supporting all in-game operations for statistics, scorekeeping, public address, and timing of all athletic events.
- Create content and update CSU athletics social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) on a consistent and daily basis.
- Oversees office interns and graduate assistants.
- Provides creative support for gameday video production and scoreboards.
- Ensure accurate collection and dissemination of statistics and records for all sports.
- Author, edit and disseminate printed information released by the athletic department. This includes all publications, various letters, press releases, and web content.
- Coordinate staffing of all press and statistical operations at home events to include public address, scoreboard, timing, statistics, and some promotional opportunities.
- Coordinate all web streaming and/or broadcast of select home athletic events.
- Provides assistance to coaches and athletics administrative staff and coordinates events such as: Girls In The Game, Cougar Club golf tournaments, CSU Athletics Welcome Back, Athletics Hall of Fame, and other select athletic department events.
- Provides customer service by providing information to student-athletes, employees, and the general public about programs, policies, and/or processes related to the athletics department; Works closely with all constituents of the athletic department (24 full and part-time staff, 287 student athletes).
- Assist in planning, booking, recording and tracking team travel and assist in the coordination with the campus logistics department with home game security, cleaning and confirming that the games are on the campus schedule.
- Assists with NCAA compliance, to include monitoring student-athlete eligibility and enrollment status, facilitating student-athlete transfers, maintaining rosters, assisting with campus visits for prospective student-athletes, scheduling compliance training as required, and tracking records to ensure training is completed
- Provide general administrative support to the Athletic department, to include answering phones, assisting department visitors, responding to routine queries and/or referring to the appropriate resource, schedule appointments, coordinate department meetings, assist with planning and executing events, serve as department liaison to internal and external constituents, assist with managing department budget, process travel applications and expense reports, coordinate departmental purchases, perform recordkeeping and data collection for various reports, take minutes at departmental meetings, distribute information to members of the athletic department as needed, assist with coordinating travel and transportation for coaches and teams.
- Serve as the first point of contact for CSU Athletics.
- Provide support and assistance with sports program sponsorship, to include sponsor relations, marketing and communication, game day hospitality and promotions, tickets, season passes, and other related activities.
- Utilizes ARMS Software program for compliance redundancy and student-athlete biography information.
- Serves as Peach Belt Conference and Athletic Facilities scheduling liaison.
- Maintains recordkeeping systems by filing, scanning and indexing, maintaining compliance with procedures, organizing the contents of files, and planning purging and storage schedules.
- Coordinates sponsorship relationships, to include fulfillment of sponsored items in various agreements
- Assists the Director of Sports Medicine with medical billing and ordering supplies.
- Schedule and monitor team usage of the weight room.
- Serves as NCAA Title IX Training Coordinator
- Coordinates Academic Study Center for student athletes.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; a minimum of three years of experience in the field of Sports Information and Media Relations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate must also possess excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated experience in designing publications and writing sports press releases; a demonstrated proficiency with internet and web applications related to managing an athletic website; a demostrated proficiency in all social media platforms; exceptional leadership skills; a proven track record of consistently modeling positive behavior at all times; strong follow-through skills, as well as, the ability to plan, organize, and control projects through to completion; the ability to handle and maintain confidential information; the ability to work effectively in a diverse community; and a willingness to travel nights and weekends.
A Master's degree and knowledge of statistics for soccer, basketball, baseball, softball and tennis games are preferred.
The salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Required Documents to Attach
Required Documents to Submit with Online Application:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- 1-3 references with names and contact information
All applications and required documents must be submitted using Columbus State University's online employment site and a complete packet must be submitted for full consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at ***** or e-mail to *****/a>.
Conditions of Employment
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Columbus State University to recruit, hire, train, promote, and educate persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=251529&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency