We’re excited to have now joined the 7-Eleven family of stores!
The Assistant Leader is responsible for assisting management with overall store conditions, in order to maximize guest services and store profitability. The Assistant Store Leader will aid in fostering a coaching environment where employees want to excel, and are recognized for their achievements. The Assistant Leaders must be scheduled to work separate shifts/days with the exception of one day a week. He/She will oversee facility operations in the absence of Facility Leader.
Cultivate a G•U•E•S•T in Mind Culture.1. Focus on the wildly important.2. Be a leader.3. Be committed to the guest.
- Provides prompt, courteous customer service by discovering guest’s needs with management support.
- Assists in planning and preparing of schedules.
- Prepares shift reports and/or other reports as required by management. Completes DSR and shift analysis reports.
- Assists and supports management in calculations of food consumption, and requests purchases of food products, supplies and equipment, as required.
- Ensures accuracy of gasoline pump readings.
- Supports in the cleaning of shelves, drives, dispensers, restrooms, store interior/exterior, and other designated areas.
- Assists management in maintaining building, equipment and grounds.
- May assist in analyzing financial data including but not limited to; profit and loss statements, shortage to identify business opportunities and increase of sales.
- May assist in analyzing food service results and trends to determine the proper action plans, to leverage the stores food sales and address areas for improvement. Assists management with ordering and vendor check-in.
- Works under the direction of the Item Level Inventory Specialist with inventory audits. Contributes in price counting inventory, pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise.
- Conducts competitors survey at the direction of management using personal vehicle.*
- Effectively reacts to and reports customer complaints tactfully and promptly.
- Addresses and follows company policy and procedures and all laws governing restricted beverage and tobacco sales.
- Performs service transactions in accordance with company policy such as alcoholic beverage & tobacco sales; lottery sales & redemptions; vendor coupons redemptions; Company approve credit card charges, etc.
- Follows credit card, money order, and check cashing policies.
- Effectively oversees facility operations during absence of Leader; communicates employee relations problems to management for further handling.
- Safeguards cash and merchandise; follow company robbery prevention and reaction procedures as provided in the emergency response and reporting procedures and policy manual.
- Reports and follows policies and procedures established to prevent loss of cash and merchandise due to actions by employees, vendors and/or customers.
- Ensures the bank deposits are made daily. Follows proper cash handling procedures in accordance with company policies.
- Ensures and eliminates safety hazards; reports unsafe acts or conditions to management. Prepares required accident/incident report, immediately reporting such activity to management.
- Operates cash register and all point-of-sale equipment efficiently.
- Aids in managing the merchandising of the facility by directing sales promotions, implementing new programs, and communicating to vendors and other appropriate personnel on marketing activities. Uses suggestive selling techniques.
- Assists in training and coaching to develop top performing employees. Assists management with applicant screening process.
- Carries out sales associate responsibilities, as required.
- Maintains personal appearance in accordance with company uniform and personal appearance policy for Assistant Store Leaders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time and when scheduled.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Essential functions are job duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. All of the responsibilities listed above are considered essential job functions to this position.
Must be at least 18 years or older to apply. High School diploma or GED is preferred. Two year degree or above desired. A minimum of one year in retail, fast food, or sales experience is required. Maintains current food handler and food safety certification as required by county. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
*A valid driver’s license is required to perform banking responsibilities and to conduct competitor surveys. Reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance is required. Employees are subjected to motor vehicle checks in accordance with company policies if required to drive.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated leadership and customer service skills and competencies. Proven success developing team members. Demonstrated ability to use P&L and store reports to affect change. Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Excellent oral and written communication and intrapersonal skills. Ability to write routine reports and to speak effectively before customers and employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to exercise sound judgment and work with minimum supervision. Proficient computer knowledge (Microsoft products preferred Word, Excel). PDI/Verifone/Topaz experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for full shift.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to overhead, and/or 60 pounds from ground to waist level,, up to thirty minutes of workday (i.e., to assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels).
- Ability to push and pull with arms up to a force of 128 pounds (i.e., utilizing hand truck.)
- Ability to bend at the waist with some twisting, up to one hour of the workday.
- May be required to climb a ladder and/or stool, kneel or crouch to store or retrieve materials and/or place or remove signs.
- Ability to grasp, reach, and manipulate objects with hands all day. This handwork requires eye-hand coordination and may require bilateral coordination of hands, up to four hours of the workday.
- Employee performs approximately 95% of work indoors. Outside work will be required.
- Employee is exposed to intermittent indoor cold temperature extremes when working in the walk-in cooler and/or freezer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Essential functions are job duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. All of the responsibilities listed above are considered essential job functions to this position.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Store 40723 102 West Expressway 83 Weslaco, TX, 78596 United States