This part-time, non-exempt position is located at the Bunker Hills Activities Center in Andover, MN.
Why join Anoka County?
- 24 days of paid Flexible Time Off and up to 11.5 paid holidays, pro-rated based on part-time status.
- Pension plan and other retirement investment options.
- Wellness and professional development activities.
- Advancement opportunities.
These examples are not all inclusive and are intended to be illustrative of primary responsibilities of an Anoka County Associate Guest Service Specialist.
- Provide customer service to facility groups through responding to event needs, enforcing building regulations, and answering facility questions.
- Set up meeting rooms for gatherings and assist building users with equipment set up.
- Balancing multiple user group’s needs at the same time.
- Evaluate, monitor, and communicate facility issues with the appropriate County department.
- Provide prospective clients tours of the facility and provide pricing and reservation information.
- Provide Park information to the public when requested.
- Ensuring the facility remains clean for large groups using the facility and traffic from park users.
- Clean and perform light maintenance tasks for offices, meeting rooms, and public spaces.
- 18 years of age or older.
- One year (2,080 annual hours) or more of customer service experience.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Successfully pass a criminal history background check.
- Experience working in parks & recreation, hospitality, or maintenance settings.
- Knowledge of basic cleaning materials and methods.
- Knowledge of and ability to enforce policies and regulations with facility users.
- Ability to operate basic custodial equipment.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal work direction.
- Must be able to physically move chairs and tables.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directives.
- Must be neatly groomed and be willing to wear and maintain a county-issued uniform.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate department policies and regulations.
This position works primarily in an Anoka County Parks Department office.Salary
Standard hiring rate: $28,683 to $29,536 ($13.79 to $14.20 per hour). Non-exempt.
2022 Anoka County Salary Schedule, Grade 5: $28,683 to $44,512 ($13.79 to $21.40 per hour).
Upon successful completion of an initial hire probationary period, employees will be reviewed for a potential pay increase and reviewed at least annually thereafter.
Part-time; 16 hours per week on average.
The work schedule varies based on the scheduled reservations but is generally between the hours of 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on weekdays and between 7:00 a.m. and midnight on weekends.
The schedule may vary based on business needs and at the supervisor’s discretion.
The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a review of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The most qualified candidates will be invited for an oral exam and/or interview.
Include responses to all supplemental questions with your application no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the position. A complete application is required for you to be considered. Resume and cover letter submissions are optional and cannot be used in lieu of the application
Our team of nearly 2,000 employees is united by a common mission to preserve the public's trust. We do this by bringing our very best to work every day and serving Anoka County's 345,000 citizens in a respectful, innovative, and fiscally responsible manner. If your career aspirations resonate with our mission, we invite you to Find Your Path with Anoka County! Apply today to join our team.
If you are requesting an exam accommodation, would like to submit Veterans’ Preference information or have any other questions regarding this job posting, please call the Anoka County Human Resources Department at ***** and reference the posting title and number. Veterans’ Preference documentation must be submitted to Anoka County Human Resources prior to the closing date and time of the posting.
Have a question about the hiring process? Please visit: www.anokacounty.us/er-faq