What You Need To Know
The Area Manager develops and leads a team of Sales Consultants representing Southern Glazer s in the market. This individual is passionate, innovative, and self-motivated with a business-oriented, team-development, and customer-focused mindset. The Area Manager s primary responsibilities are to manage all commercial sales activities covering a large territory, district, or region including customer relationships, sales execution, supplier relationships, and supplier program execution.
- Lead, develop, and manage a team of sales consultants; evaluate performance against established developmental goals
- Develop territory sales plans to achieve goals and objectives taking into consideration unique customer segments
- Create a regular team meeting cadence to communicate the territory sales plan to the team and to establish team objective priorities in Proof Sales, marketing campaigns and sales promotions to the team
- Coach each sales consultant on the effectiveness of their Sales pre-plan including agenda, visit notes, opportunities, to align with the territory sales plan
- Coach each sales consultant on how to build an effective pipeline of opportunities in Proof Sales to achieve their Objectives; increase product knowledge, resolving workload issues, encourage satisfaction, and cultivate career growth
- Assess talent, hire staff and discipline staff including terminations
- Analyze and manage team expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Bachelor s Degree plus three years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of beverage alcohol products, SGWS portfolio, and key product features and benefits
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Must be 21 years of age
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time may include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include driving throughout the day with segments up to 2 hours
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 56lbs
This position is deemed a safety-sensitive position. As such, any person who is given a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a drug test, including a marijuana test.
Southern Glazers Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.