J. C. Lewis is looking for a Body Shop Paint Prepper to work in our Collision Center.
- In preparation for paint application, remove dirt, debris, grease and other materials from vehicles.
- Use of abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters among other tools and equipment may be required.
- Application of primer coat in preparation for painter.
- Assist painter in pre-paint blending needs.
- Work with paint team to assist in keeping vehicle on track for scheduled delivery time.
- Fill small dents or scratches with body fillers and smooth surfaces to prepare vehicles for painting.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties.
- Prior experience in vehicle paint process (recommended)
- Ability to receive directions and work well with others
- Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- Employee Assistance Program
5 paid company holidays plus PTO days