What you'll do...
Drives sales and financial performance in the Auto Care Center and service area by receiving and stocking merchandise; ensuring effective merchandise presentation, accurate and competitive pricing, and proper signing and in-stock and inventory levels; budgeting and forecasting sales; assessing economic trends and community needs; and ensuring that sales and profit goals are achieved and implementing plans to correct any deficiencies.Provides customer service and assistance by acknowledging the customer; identifying customer needs; assisting with purchasing decisions; locating merchandise; resolving customer issues and concerns; promoting products and services, while maintaining a safe shopping environment; creating and processing customer requests and service orders in accordance with company policies and procedures; explaining Auto Care Center and automotive products and services; ensuring technicians are trained and certified on service related procedures; and staging customer vehicles and assisting with work flow as necessary.Maintains the Auto Care Center and automotive sales floor and service area by stocking and rotating merchandise; removing damaged or out-of-date goods; setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays; signing and pricing merchandise; securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise; maintaining equipment in accordance with company guidelines; handling customer and merchandise claims and returns; zoning the area; ordering, arranging and organizing merchandise/99 supplies; and monitoring the Auto Care Center and automotive area for environmental, disposal (for example, batteries, tires, oil) and OSHA compliance and ensuring customer safety and satisfaction . Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
2 years experience in automotive service or service industry field.
1 year of supervisory experience.
Valid driver's license
For facilities that sell firearms, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying will require successful completion of a firearms- specific
Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training.
For facilities that sell only ammunition and have state specific requirements, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying may require a
current state issued Certificate of Eligibility.
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open
Door trainings, etc.).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Automotive Certification from Automotive Technical Institute, Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Leadership through Live Better U and Bellevue University, Experience in automotive service or service industry related field, Supervisory experience
ASE Certification - Certification
1021 HIGH POINT ST, RANDLEMAN, NC 27317-7192, United States of America