Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, develops aircraft concepts and products that will define the next generation of aviation. Qualified candidates for the Autonomy Engineer - Air Traffic Management position bring broad experience in autonomous systems and expertise in Air Traffic Manager (ATM) and integrating autonomy into aircraft that will operate in the National... Airspace (NAS). The role requires creative system-level design skills, a deep understanding of air traffic concepts, and the development of safety-critical systems.
• Lead development of new autonomous aircraft product concepts that operate in the National Airspace.
• Oversee and maintain complete autonomy system architecture and system models through the complete product life cycle.
• Collaborate with researchers and engineers at Aurora and Boeing to transfer knowledge and technology.
• Assist in the preparation of R&D proposals and patent applications.
• B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Computer Science, or related engineering fields.
• Ability to develop and deploy useful autonomy systems in the real world.
• Ability to incorporate Air Traffic Management and National Airspace concepts into the design of autonomous systems.
• Ability to lead and maintain complete autonomy system architecture from ideation through implementation.
• Ability to design, read, and write software in Python or C .
• Must be a U.S. Person (U.S. citizenor a permanent resident/Green Card holder).
• Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering.
• Ability to lead hardware and software teams.
• Experience with modern autonomy concepts: scene understanding, path planning, decision making, natural language processing, and general AI/ML.
• Experience with robot hardware (sensors, computation, actuation, and power electronics).
• Understanding of the aerospace industry.
• Experience writing peer-reviewed publications or project proposals