This position would primarily be in Jersey City NJ or Whitehouse Station, NJ. The lead will join the Chubb Global Data & Analytics IT team.
Technical lead role requiring strong technical background, hands-on experience in Informatica IICS, ADF and other Azure technologies along with agile project management, data analysis skills and leadership abilities. Reporting to the Product Owner of Commercial Data, the candidate will lead & manage the Producer Data Platform (PDP) team for the delivery of data solutions, including new development, maintenance and enhancements. The candidate will also assist with the daily operations, management and oversight of team’s deliverables.
- Work with the capabilities owner(s) to understand the roadmap and its priorities.
- Lead the definition and planning efforts with the team for new epics, features and user stories; and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Coordinate refinement meetings and other ceremonies with the engineering team and help them to manage day-to-day priorities - so the backlog is always up to date.
- Manage product backlog and create actionable user stories.
- Elaborate user stories for technical team and ensure that the team understands the deliverables.
- Play an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Provide direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project.
- Responsible for the overall technical design, development & support of the Producer data platform and related integrations and services.
- Assist in Data Architecture design, tool selection and data flows analysis.
- Effectively coordinate & collaborate with business, IT architecture and technical teams across multi-functional areas to complete deliverables.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as prioritize the development.
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring enterprise data policies, best practices, standards and processes are followed.
- Lead and mentor a team of onshore and offshore resources to analyze, design, construct and test projects focused on the producer data platform
- Effectively communicate within the team, externally with other teams, business customers and senior leaders
- Hands on development in Informatica (IICS), ADF, SQL Server, Azure Synapse, Cosmos, Databricks and Python
- Handle ad-hoc analysis & report generation requests from the business.
- Respond to data related inquiries to support business and technical teams.
Technical Skills / Experience:
- 12+years of proven working experience of 10+ years in ETL methodologies, Data integration and data migration. Informatica IICS hands-on development skills a must.
- Solid understanding of P&C Insurance data
- Technical expertise regarding data architecture, models and database design development
- Fluent in various database technologies like SQL server, Oracle, Azure Synapse and Cosmos
- Strong knowledge of and experience with T-SQL, XML’s, Python, ETL frameworks and Databricks
- Strong Knowledge of analyzing datasets using Excel
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in learning new technologies with the ability to quickly understand capabilities and work with others to guide these into development
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Knowledge & working experience with Duck creek is an added plus
- Knowledge & working experience with Insurity Policy Decisions and/or IEV is an added plus
- Experience with JIRA
Other Skills / Experience:
- Experience being part of high-performance agile teams in a fast-paced environment
- Must understand the system scope and project objectives to achieve project needs through matrix management and collaboration with other enterprise teams
- Proven ability to produce results in the analysis, design, testing and deployment of applications
- Strong team emphasis and relationship building skills; partners well with business and other IT areas
- Strong coaching / mentoring skills
- Applies technical knowledge to determine solutions and solve complex problems
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, inquisitive and persistent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines