Opportunity: Banquet Server
Set up banquet rooms and serve food and/or beverages in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Banquet Captain – Assistant Banquet Manager –Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Set up banquet room as instructed by supervisor.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Respond to guest special requests and resolve guest complaints.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Food service experience a plus.
- Ability to remember and recite menu items.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own ItAbout Us
Nestled in a prime location, Sheraton Pasadena Hotel seamlessly blends upscale comfort with modern convenience. Our hotel is ideally situated adjacent to both the Pasadena Convention Center and the Pasadena Civic Auditorium for quick access to events. You'll love being walking distance from abundant shopping, dining and entertainment in Old Town. For adventures that'll take you beyond a short walk, we offer a complimentary local area shuttle to the city's landmarks, including the Rose Bowl. Stay connected with our full-service, 24-hour business center offering complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi. Keep in shape with cardio and weight training equipment at the modern Sheraton Fitness. Make yourself comfortable and relax on our plush beds while watching your TV or upgrade to a suite for extra space to spread out. After a busy day, enjoy California-style dining at the Restaurant Soleil, then lounge by the heated outdoor swimming pool. Experience an excellent stay at Sheraton Pasadena Hotel.
Source: Hospitality Online