HILLWOOD - NASHVILLE, TN
$16.00 - $19.00 Hourly
Hillwood Country Club, a private member club in Nashville, is hiring part time & full-time positions for the following areas of the Food and Beverage operation.
Prepare, pour and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Requires knowledge of all aspects of mixology including food/wine pairings and wine presentation and service.
• Beverage Manager; Restaurant Manager; Assistant Food and Beverage Manager; or Clubhouse Manager
• No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies, and Expectations:
• * Stocks bar and completes other pre-opening requirements.
• Prepares and serves alcoholic beverages according to standard recipes.
• Skilled at slowing and refusing alcoholic beverage service when necessary.
• Complies with basic safety and sanitation requirements.
• Good organizational skills.
• Basic knowledge of club's POS system or comparable POS system preferred.
• Knowledgeable of all aspects of department and daily club operations, including events and operating hours.
• Ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
• Ability to work large or small events with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
• Cleans bar and completes other pre-closing requirements.
• Assures that all state and local laws and club policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Bartender staff for various shifts with flexible hours: Tuesday through Sunday, some Mondays
Important Notes: Candidates must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Appearance is important to Hillwood Country Club: no facial piercings, visible tattoos, and only natural color and hair styling please. A drug test and background check is part of the hiring process and random drug testing is possible if employed.
Previous service experience is preferred, but not required. Bartending experience is also highly desired. Individual rates to vary based on experience.
• * Inspects the bar prior to opening to ensure that adequate supplies are available.
• Requests additional supplies as necessary and stocks the bar.
• Follows set-up procedures.
• Prepares garnishes, fruits mixes and pre-mixed drinks prior to opening bar.
• Greets members and guests.
• Mixes, prepares and serves drinks to members and guests and mixes and prepares drinks ordered by food and beverage servers according to approved standard recipes.
• Collects checks and payments for drinks served.
• Reports complaints to a manager as they occur.
• Maintains and cleans bar area and equipment.
• Maintains records of liquors, beers and wine to ensure bar stock is maintained at all times.
• Cleans and locks the bar area according to prescribed closing procedures.
• Ensures that all food items are correctly stored, labeled, dated and rotated to prevent any health or safety hazards from occurring, and takes precautions against possible spoilage.
• Attends staff meetings including pre-shift (line-up) sessions and training as required.
• Carefully follows all laws and club policies and procedures regarding alcoholic beverage service and informs manager if continued service to a member or guest is in question.
• Serves drinks to members and guests seated at lounge tables in the absence of a beverage server.
• Continually practices beverage and revenue control procedures.
• Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
• Completes other appropriate work assignments as requested by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum grade 12 education
• One year of bartending experience
• Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
• Push, pull or lift-up to 50 pounds.
• Continuous repetitive motions.
• Work in hot, humid, and noisy environments.
License and Special Requirements:
• ABC License
• Of legal age to prepare and serve alcoholic beverages
Team Driven, Excellent Communicator, Passionate, Enthusiastic, Energetic, Flexible, Outgoing Personality, PASSION for Creating Awesome Experiences