East Providence, RI
East Providence, Rhode Island Jobs
Health Education Specialists Jobs
Under the direction of Nurse Manager and Unit Charge RN. is responsible for the care and safety of assigned children. As a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team assumes primary Behavioral Health Specialist role. Responsible for input into the formulation of a therapeutic milieu treatment plan and the implementation observation and documentation of this program under the direction of a registered nurse. Provides services to children/adolescents.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Participates in the development and operationalization of the milieu care plan for assigned patients according to established department and unit-based procedure/policy.
- Maintains and documents level of patient observation as ordered by the physician/charge RN each shift.
- Supervises assigned children in daily routines and assists with activities of daily living.
- Identifies reports and actively resolves potential/actual problems on the unit.
- Demonstrates appropriate critical incident follow-up skills by timely verbal reporting to charge RN and documentation in medical record. Completes other documentation (ie: incident reports seclusion and restraint forms (MR38)) as applicable.
- Intervenes in disruptive milieu or destructive to self/other patient situations providing timely therapeutic intervention(s).
Adheres to Hospital Departmental and Program policies and procedures.
- Attends peer review and staff meetings as assigned.
- Maintains current certification in crisis management.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Maintains current OSHA ERS Safety Certifications
- Attends unit/hospital staff development as assigned.
- Consistently follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Consistently follows all program based policies and procedures.
Actively participates in the patient care planning process under the direction of the primary/charge RN.
- Participates in the initial admission interview process as assigned.
- Works to support initial therapeutic alliance with patient and family on admission. Assists with the separation process and performs other duties necessary to provide a smooth transition to the hospital environment.
- Completes initial milieu assessment within an 8 hour period. Collaborates with RN to develop initial problem list and milieu care plan within 8 hours of admission.
- Reviews milieu care plan and problem list on a daily basis revising as necessary.
- Communicates individual patient milieu treatment plans in an ongoing manner to other unit staff including liaison with other multidisciplinary treatment providers.
- Actively participates in diagnostic conferences treatment team rounds and shift report as assigned.
- Is aware of department QI indicators and responsibilities related to such.
- Accurately documents significant patient/family observations/milieu treatment on the Kardex and medical records in a timely fashion.
- Collects data for applied research purposes.
- Offers information and knowledge acquired through experience to other staff via formal/ informal staff development forums.
- Is able to adapt care ?style? to meet needs of various children/adolescents.
Supports and contributes to the development of residential care plans/behavioral management.
- Assists and teaches patients in activities of daily living and personal hygiene based upon patient?s abilities.
- Leads community meeting/milieu meeting/social skill group.
- Leads other program specific groups.
- Demonstrates ability to set consistent and supportive therapeutic limits within guidelines of hospital unit and department standards.
- Institutes behavioral programs specific to the needs of the patient in collaboration with the primary nurse and off-line clinicians.
- Organizes unit activities.
- Coordinates supervises and participates in children?s activities such as physical & social development activities. Arranges for transportation or materials if required.
- Provides continuity of care in the classroom by carrying out the prescribed treatment programs; aides in implementing IEP?s
- Participates in teaching visits/family and parent training.
- Consistently models to patient/families appropriate and therapeutic interpersonal staff/patient interactions.
- Co-leads therapy groups with a clinician.
- Supports and participates in recreation therapy programs.
- Handles crisis situations in a safe effective manner utilizing the least restrictive safe patient care alternative.
- Takes the initiative to seek formal/informal supervision incorporating suggestions for improvement/changes in job performance.
- Performs other related duties as required assigned or directed by program managers.
Baccalaureate Degree in a Human Service field. Other education and experience considered and may
be substituted for educational requirements at the discretion of the Hiring
Lifespan is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex national origin age ethnicity sexual orientation ancestry genetics gender identity or expression disability protected veteran or marital status. Lifespan is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Location: Bradley Hospital USA:RI:East Providence
Work Type: Full Time
Shift: Shift 4
Job ID: 8477852184639445395
East Providence, Rhode Island, 02915