Job Number 22200801
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Americas Revenue Management Sv, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the revenue management functions (pricing, inventory strategies) for portfolio of hotels in the absence of the on-going revenue leader. These hotels may also include complex group strategies, and have total hotel revenue management in place, including catering and function space revenue maximization.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years of experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years of experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Revenue Management Expertise
• Provides revenue management functional expertise to general managers, leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Compiles information, analyzes, and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Checks distribution channels for hotel positioning, information accuracy, and competitor positioning.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period.
• Assists with account diagnostics processes and validates conclusions.
• Uses property diagnostic processes (PDP) to maximize revenue and profits.
• Manages rooms’ inventory to maximize hotel room revenue.
Managing Revenue Management Strategy
• Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Establishes long-range objectives and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Updates market knowledge and aligns strategies and approaches accordingly.
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Confirms hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
• Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement, and control selling strategies.
• Assures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Communicates proactively with properties regarding rate restrictions and strategy.
• Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
• Leads efforts to coordinate strategies between group sales offices.
Building Successful Relationships
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others.
• Advocates sound financial/business decision making.
• Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels / franchise partners/owners.
• Understands and communicates the value of the brand name as it relates to franchise partnerships and revenue management opportunities.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships in a proactive manner.
• Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Maintains accurate reservation system information.
• Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
• Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
• Attends staff/forecast/long range meetings as requested by properties.
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $59,813 to $116,236 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $72,375 to $127,863 annually.
All Locations offer health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?