HomeTexasBenefit Accountant Jobs Near ...

Sugar Land, TX

Benefit Accountant Jobs Near Me

LocationSugar Land, Texas 77478
Employment TypeFull Time
Date Posted2023-01-31
Direct Apply
Valid Through2023-11-02

Job Description:

The Employee Benefits Accountant will be responsible for the proper accounting of all employee benefits. Non-union benefits account for 60% of ABM’s employee population and Union benefits account for the remaining 40%. The union segment requires a different reconciliation approach due to the numerous union contracts that ABM is involved with on a yearly basis. A successful candidate will have human resources knowledge as a backbone to the accounting activities that are tied to payroll, health and welfare benefits, PTO benefits, retirement benefits, and other fringe benefits that are required to meet certain business operations. Part of your job could include audit preparations, assist with tax compliance issues and regulatory documents, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with Human Resources, Legal, Union Contacts, and Labor managers at ABM.


Essential Duties:

50% Accounting –

  • Multi-state union accounting of benefits, PTO, and other fringe benefits for contract compliance
  • Perform general ledger account reconciliations with a focus on employee benefit accounts
  • Calculate employee PTO benefits per union contracts (manual excel files)
  • Research and communicate benefit discrepancies with the HR-benefits & billing departments, employee(s), FP&A partners, branch managers and other internal customers
  • Review and resolve benefit accruals & payment discrepancies internally
  • Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolve discrepancies
  • Managing all accounting adjustments in conjunction to new union rates and benefits due new contracts.
  • Participate in the monthly accounting close cycle and ensure that all deadlines are met
  • Reconcile monthly accruals versus payments.
  • Monthly reporting on benefit enrollment versus enrollment on contracts and provide statistical analysis of financial gains or losses and report any foreseeable issues to management team.
  • Research month to month balance sheet and profit and loss account variances
  • Resolve any accounting discrepancies that arise from the payment of benefits to union employees.
  • Annual Year-End Multi-Employer reporting to our SEC team
  • Special projects and other duties as assigned

50% HR & Payroll –

  • 7Maintains knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations related to EEO, affirmative action, collective bargaining agreements, unions, labor relations, and human resources.
  • Assists with preparation of plans, policies, documents, and reports including EEO-1, affirmative action plans, organizational charts, labor agreements, and employee handbooks.
  • Comply with HIPAA Rules and Regulations
  • Assists with preparation of documents and records required for contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and labor organizations.
  • Document, track and report benefit enrollments, declinations and contract end dates to ensure proper deductions from employee paycheck.
  • Managing all accounting adjustments in conjunction to new union rates and benefits due new contracts.
  • Ensure contracts are inputted correctly into our benefit system.
  • Provide PTO reporting to local managers for annual payouts or termination payouts.
  • Communicate with local HR, Payroll, and Operations to resolve issues with the processing of union payments.

Minimum Requirements:

  • BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, or Economics
  • Human Resource degree is acceptable with payroll/benefit experience
  • Must have advanced MS Excel skills
  • 1- 2 years of union benefit accounting experience preferred
  • Understanding of payroll processing requirements is a plus
  • Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability, and collaboration Good communication skills and able to work with different management levels
  • Must be detail oriented and have strong analysis and communications skills
  • Possess a positive attitude with a strong desire to learn
  • Ability to work within deadlines in a fast-paced environment (OT may be required)

Job ID: 7324046740375500615

Sugar Land, Texas Jobs

77478 Jobs

ABM Jobs

Compensation and Benefits Managers Jobs






One Click Easy Apply with Gigzio

by clicking on apply, you agree to our
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy