Benefits Specialist – Innovation Dr., San Diego, CA
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Benefits Specialist to work within their company located in Innovation Dr., San Diego, CA for a 6-8 months assignment.
The benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assists with new-hire orientations.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Administers the tuition reimbursement program.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Associate’s degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
- Two years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification credential.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.