J. C. Lewis Auto is proud to be Georgias oldest, continually owned and operated automobile dealership. We are proud to have served Savannah and the surrounding community since 1912. We are extremely grateful to all our outstanding customers and exceptional employees who have supported us over the years. Without their material contributions and dedication we would not have had the opportunity to serve the community for all these years.
We are seeking a Body Shop Technician for our Savannah dealership.
What We Offer
- Paid Vacation
- Select Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Technician Specific Benefits
- State-of-the-art facility with cutting edge technology
- Shop equipped with the newest technology and equipment
- Discounts on products and services
- Highly productive shop
- Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
- Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web-based training
- Clean and professional work environment
- Competitive wages
- Relocation assistance
- Identify and resolve parts required for repair; review repair orders, work order, and Body Shop Managers estimate notes; follow warranty guidelines; notify supervisor of any repair add-ons.
- Adjust, replace, and repair all series of truck and trailer equipment (e.g., sheet metal repairs, fiberglass/ panel repairs, fabrication and structural welding, installation and alignment of truck cab body components, electrical and mechanical repairs, etc.).
- Road test vehicles when necessary to ensure quality repair.
- Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills including truck manufacturer s repair process.
- Perform work as outlined on repair estimates with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Teardown and inspect for additional or hidden repairs.
- Advise body shop estimator of additional damage or supplemental needs or if repairs will not be completed on time.
- Lead work of any apprentice technicians and maintain ASE certifications.
- Welding, suspension, framework experience a plus OR willing to learn/train
- ASE Certifications; Damage Analysis and Estimating, Mechanical and Electrical Components, Non-Structural Analysis and Damage Repair and State Vehicle Inspector (preferred)
- Certifications listed above or equivalent experience and eagerness to improve
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.