Business Development Manager
We are looking for a talented Business Development Manager to join our team specializing in sales for our New Power Business in Columbus, Indiana.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Responsible for opportunity management which includes identifying new growth opportunities and managing new business growth for a key market segment or in a specified region or channel.
- Works with Sales, Marketing, and product leaders to identify strategies targeting growth, for example by participating in efforts such as strategy workshops.
- Uses market and competitor research and local market knowledge to identify and prioritize market or product segment opportunities.
- Conducts industry and customer activities (e.g., attending trade shows, conferences, customer events) to better evaluate opportunities.
- Prospects and identifies specific and significant business opportunities and/or target accounts.
- May collaborate with Cummins Upstream Influencers (or may perform upstream influencing) to better prioritize specific prospective accounts and their potential needs.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. Business insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals. Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in sales, marketing, technical or a related subject required, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
Significant level of relevant work experience required. Customer facing experience preferred.
Experience in working with or within Automotiveand / or Bus OEM customers
Develops prices by aligning and buildingconsensus with key stakeholders across functions to achieve business targets.
Sells company products and services bydeveloping new prospects and accounts. Achieves revenue and margin targets and ensures customer satisfactionthrough execution of a sales cycle from lead to sale.
Technical and / or commercial acumen
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.