Job DescriptionSchedule: Part-time 22 hours. Monday and Tuesday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm. Every other weekend 12:30 pm - 7:00 pm
The majority of the Café Cashier responsibilities involve customer service and cashiering. The cashier rings in customer sales, maintains cleanliness of cafeteria servery and dining areas, and restocks cafeteria supplies. Please note, public transportation does not service... the hospital on Sundays. Alternate transportation is required for any Sunday shifts.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Anticipates and meets customer needs; takes appropriate steps to rectify issues.
• Stocks and replenishes any/all cafeteria items as needed (coffee, paper goods, cooler items, salad bar, chip/cookie racks, etc) and according to dept. standards.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of cafeteria equipment, dining room, servery, and tray return areas
• Demonstrates a positive and friendly attitude.
• Prepares catering orders and breaks down used catering carts.
• Rings customer purchases into cash register and completes tender transactions.
• Cashes out register
• Alerts supervisor to any concerns, discrepancies, product shortages, etc.
• Actively supports and upholds department goals to maintain or improve retail satisfaction.
• Fast-paced environment in which employee must be able to quickly move from one task to another
• Long periods of standing on feet in stationary position or sitting on cashier stool
• Tasks require pushing catering carts, carrying/moving items up to 20 lbs, bending, lifting, reaching
• Cashiering requires ability to read standard font size on POS screen
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to read English to read recipes and menus is required
• Ability to speak English to communicate with customers is required
• Excellent Customer Service skills are necessary
• Prior cashier and customer service experience preferred
• Must have basic arithmetic skills: ability to count cash, make change, add/subtract
• Staff adheres to all C.A.R.E. Standards
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Partner's Healthcare is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy