In 1980, Homewatch CareGivers established its mission to preserve dignity, protect independence, and provide peace of mind to our clients and their loved ones by providing exceptional home care. By delivering high-quality caregiver services, Homewatch CareGivers helps improve the quality of life for those in our communities as well as provide meaningful employment opportunities... We offer employees a strong family-oriented culture and professional, accredited training that addresses relevant health and wellness issues. Homewatch CareGivers welcomes individuals into our family who are eager to continually learn in order to best serve customers' evolving needs, and who demonstrate the passion for connecting people to the quality services they deserve.
For more information about the company and our services, please visit our website:
Caregivers are either CNA'S (Certified Nurse Aides) or HCA's (Home Care Aides). Caregivers must be reliable, dependable, honest, and caring. Caregivers are not allowed to smoke in clients' homes and must have their own transportation. Some may need to take clients to appointments or run errands. This will require them to possess a valid driver's license and to have current automobile insurance. Caregivers must be observant enough to recognize changes in their clients, and be capable of alerting the appropriate personnel when necessary.
Role: Caregivers provide paraprofessional services to the agency's home care clients, as assessed in the care plan and in compliance with the client's Service Agreement.
Scope of Position: Reports to Homewatch CareGivers supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
1. Experience as a caregiver in a home care setting or skilled facility.
2. Must meet hiring criteria as defined in the agency's minimum standards.
3. Must be able to function with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with the client.
4. Must accept responsibility for maintaining skills and learning on an ongoing basis, as well as adhering to agency policies.
5. Does not administer medication or perform any procedures requiring the knowledge or skills of a licensed nurse or registered therapist.
6. Must pass all background screening with satisfactory results.
1. Responsible for assisting the agency's clients with their personal care needs in accordance with the care plan and qualifications (CNA/PCP/HHA).
2. Responsible for assisting clients with activities of daily living in a safe and beneficial manner.
3. Must possess effective communication skills
1. Able to work an average of 20-40 hours per week.
2. Able to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day.
3. Able to lift 20-30 pounds.
4. Able to use tools necessary for job