Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and/or liability.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records, or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and attends arbitrations, mediations, depositions or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys complex information (coverage, decisions, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have Previous Commercial BI Litigation experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 6 to 10 years of related experience.
VNLR Vanliner Insurance Company
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.
Associated topics: automobile, claim adjuster, claim examiner, claim investigator, damage, insurance adjuster, insurance investigator, investigate, liability, liability adjuster